Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious/personal question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by christopher
    I keep a couple of tampons in my drawer for the same reason.

    I never really wore deodorant before or after... I found it just smelled like a mix of perfume and sweat and my ex liked my manly aroma. I'm a pro-pheromone kinda guy.
    I admit to liking a bit of a funk smell on a guy but not too overwhelming.

    Thanks for the responses everyone, now I know I'm not the only who goes without .
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais
      wtf,

      You want to give up hot dogs? Go read about what's in them. As Bill Maher says, "I wouldn't touch a hot dog without a condom on it."
      hot dogs are so yum and in every form (corn dogs, chili dogs, pretzel dogs). Is Bill Maher that scary loooking dude with the black girl fetish?
      A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by bob clark
        I still use it but have learned to put it on after I tie my shoes. Or after I put on a shirt. Otherwise most of it gets on the knees of my jeans and that looks weird. Smells good... but looks weird. My knees never sweat so getting deodorant on them is pointless.

        Bob.
        But you have the nicest smelling knees around!
        T7-8 since Feb 2005

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by wtf
          Capt was it hard to transition to veganism (is that a word), I've seriously thought about becoming a vegan, I'm half way there now. I don't eat much red meat unless I pass by an In & Out and I don't drink milk, it would be hard to give up hot dogs but I think I could do it. Can you recommend any books or sites that might help me decide if this is something I could do.
          Wtf, I'm not the Capn but have got input if you'd like; not if you don't and no hard feelings. So to speak.
          "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
          J.B.S.Haldane

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by Juke_spin
            Wtf, I'm not the Capn but have got input if you'd like; not if you don't and no hard feelings. So to speak.
            I didnt get from your posts that you're a vegan too or I would have asked. Thanks, I'll take you up on it.
            A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by wtf
              I didnt get from your posts that you're a vegan too or I would have asked. Thanks, I'll take you up on it.
              I'm not but like AlexAgain I found the book The Food Revolution by John Robbins a seminal read. Unlike her I came out of my waffling stage (I think Alex will try on and eventually come to a better diet) with a diet that has little place for red meats in it and includes lots of delicious fruits and veggies. Reading that book would be the first step I would recommend for you if you truly want to stop eating meat. I eat mostly seafood now and regard all the flesh from so called domesticated animals as "misery meat" (not mystery meat). I still eat some smoked pork once in a while but never without reflecting on the fact that by doing so I'm subsidizing the misery these poor creatures go through - living their entire lives in one of three tiny cages stacked one on top of the next. The pig has roughly the intelligence of the dog and a sense of smell that allows it to detect edible roots buried in the ground. Imagine the misery of such an animal made to exist as described so we can honor each christmas by giving the family pet dog special treats while the pig's place of honor is being a christmas ham.

              Anyhow, there's lots more good reasons to stop eating meats and adopt a vegan or vegetarian diet and the John Robbins book covers most of them. I truly wish you good luck with this and that you keep us posted and that you keep asking about anything else your curious about.
              "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
              J.B.S.Haldane

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Juke_spin
                I'm not but like AlexAgain I found the book The Food Revolution by John Robbins a seminal read. Unlike her I came out of my waffling stage (I think Alex will try on and eventually come to a better diet) with a diet that has little place for red meats in it and includes lots of delicious fruits and veggies. Reading that book would be the first step I would recommend for you if you truly want to stop eating meat. I eat mostly seafood now and regard all the flesh from so called domesticated animals as "misery meat" (not mystery meat). I still eat some smoked pork once in a while but never without reflecting on the fact that by doing so I'm subsidizing the misery these poor creatures go through - living their entire lives in one of three tiny cages stacked one on top of the next. The pig has roughly the intelligence of the dog and a sense of smell that allows it to detect edible roots buried in the ground. Imagine the misery of such an animal made to exist as described so we can honor each christmas by giving the family pet dog special treats while the pig's place of honor is being a christmas ham.

                Anyhow, there's lots more good reasons to stop eating meats and adopt a vegan or vegetarian diet and the John Robbins book covers most of them. I truly wish you good luck with this and that you keep us posted and that you keep asking about anything else your curious about.
                Thanks so much, I'll definitely check out the book. I've never thought much about the animals suffering, I get grossed out if I hit a piece of grisle and then I almost want to barf. So do you drink milk, is soy milk a good alternative cuz I kinda dig that stuff.
                A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by wtf
                  hot dogs are so yum and in every form (corn dogs, chili dogs, pretzel dogs). Is Bill Maher that scary loooking dude with the black girl fetish?
                  Yes, that's me, girlfriend. - Bill Maher

                  Comment


                    #54
                    wtf,

                    Apparently Bill Maher loves men, too:

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais
                      Yes, that's me, girlfriend. - Bill Maher
                      Lol, I thought so. did his new season start yet?
                      A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by wtf
                        Thanks so much, I'll definitely check out the book. I've never thought much about the animals suffering, I get grossed out if I hit a piece of grisle and then I almost want to barf. So do you drink milk, is soy milk a good alternative cuz I kinda dig that stuff.
                        I don't do any dairy products but that's more a digestive issue than anything to do with going vegetarian. Soy milk doesn't work for me either for some reason though I do recommend it and there are some great brands on the market like Silk Dream. I am able to eat and digest the fermented soy products and recently tried some three year aged miso made with soy and barley and found it out of this world.*

                        Originally posted by Juke_spin

                        After trying a few other misos that didn't impress I went to amazon and ordered a four pack of Hacho Miso (from Eden Soy*). It's super concentrated so the scary looking price really...
                        */forum/showthread.php?t=105089&page=7 Post # 66
                        "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
                        J.B.S.Haldane

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by wtf
                          Lol, I thought so. did his new season start yet?
                          FRIDAY! I can't wait.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by Juke_spin
                            I don't do any dairy products but that's more a digestive issue than anything to do with going vegetarian. Soy milk doesn't work for me either for some reason though I do recommend it and there are some great brands on the market like Silk Dream. I am able to eat and digest the fermented soy products and recently tried some three year aged miso made with soy and barley and found it out of this world.*


                            /forum/showthread.php?t=105089&page=7
                            So is soy milk geared mainly to women. My father was picking me up a carton and started chatting to a woman who's son is a cop and I assume a fit guy -- anyway she told my daddy that her son told her that soy milk isn't good for males but I can't remember the reason now. any thoughts.
                            A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by wtf
                              So is soy milk geared mainly to women. My father was picking me up a carton and started chatting to a woman who's son is a cop and I assume a fit guy -- anyway she told my daddy that her son told her that soy milk isn't good for males but I can't remember the reason now. any thoughts.
                              My only thoughts are that it's news to me and it doesn't make much sense. Soy milk is just pureed and flavored soy in some water and I haven't heard anything about soy beihg a gender preferential food.
                              "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
                              J.B.S.Haldane

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by Juke_spin
                                My only thoughts are that it's news to me and it doesn't make much sense. Soy milk is just pureed and flavored soy in some water and I haven't heard anything about soy beihg a gender preferential food.
                                Ok, i'll have to ask my dad exactly what she said and get back to you on that one.
                                A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X