No announcement yet.

Curious/personal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moisture can still be produced in your underarms regardless of if you sweat or not. I wear deodorant every day because of habit and it smells like coconuts
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Pruett
      Juke -

You're a stinky old man whether you admit it or not.
      I'm a lucky old man w/o body odor. You are a stinky kid who don't know dick on this subject. Based on the study, a panel of 30 women would find my smell a whole lot more appealing than your's.
      "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
      J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Originally posted by Juke_spin
        I'm a lucky old man w/o body odor. You are a stinky kid who don't know dick on this subject. Based on the study, a panel of 30 women would find my smell a whole lot more appealing than your's.
        haha... yeah, that's it.

just keep telling yourself anything that helps you to sleep better at night.

Comment

All of you who don't use deo stink but just don't realize it.
          _____oOo_____
          Phil C6
          "If you can't explain it to me in less than 10 seconds, it's probably not worth knowing anyway..." - Calvin

Comment

I'm not a vegeterian & I don't sweat but,,,,,,,,

after my bath the 1st thing I do is put deoderant & perfume on.
            Some habits are hard to break.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AO
              All of you who don't use deo stink but just don't realize it.
              You just keep telling yourself that Bunkey.
              J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

I've no idea how an armpit that doesn't sweat still smells. My right underarm has never smelled of body odor in all my years post-injury. The bacteria that causes foul odor feeds off the sweat. At least that is how I understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais
                  I've no idea how an armpit that doesn't sweat still smells. My right underarm has never smelled of body odor in all my years post-injury. The bacteria that causes foul odor feeds off the sweat. At least that is how I understand it.
                  So as you see it, if there's no sweat there should be no odor. That's another thing; no sweat.
                  J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

I read a book by John Robbins called the Food Revolution. After that I stopped eating meat, dairy, refined flour/sugar and genetically modified foods. I lasted 2 years before I caved to my cravings for garbage.
                    I have to say that even though I am a quad, when I exercise I get stinky and when I was on the very limited diet - I did not.
                    I think there are probably multiple factors as to what causes B.O. but I am going to second Juke on the diet factor.
                    C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Pruett
                      You're a stinky old man whether you admit it or not.
                      Hee hee..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

I go to bed after applying more deodorant! hahahaha just in case, I want to smell good I also use Sweat Pea from Bath & Body... I'm very self conscious... I think I would stink, though, if I did not wear them.

bbs

Comment

< - - - deoderant user 'cause I don't leave home without it

Comment

I'm boring as hell. I've been using deodorant since early high school if not before...the same freaking kind, too. Swipe it on in the morning (after my shirt is on, similar to Bob's situation there) and I'm good to go.

And I like red meat Jukie, I like to think of all that undigested bovine sitting in my digestive tract, growing bigger and bigger and bigger...let's say it's one guy's small effort to combat global warming by reducing the flatulent behavior of our friend the cow
                            Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                            Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CapnGimp
                              WelP, Jukie got that one right. A good diet and your 'smell' is pretty much non-existent. Started being a veegan in late 98 and up until recently, I stuck with it 100 %. Now I occasionaly eat meat. I have a stick of deoderant over there that I bought a few years back and it's about 50% there.

I'm a para and it took me years before my right armpit started sweating, my left did a little. I rarely notice an odor and it's when I slip in my diet and do heavy exercise. I swear it smells like a hamburger, grilled. I have a nose like a bloodhound. I also have people around me and they say no odor. It's something I am aware of because of my heightened sense of smell, I don't want to offend anyone..... er, more than I do already

So you aren't the Lone Ranger
                              Capt was it hard to transition to veganism (is that a word), I've seriously thought about becoming a vegan, I'm half way there now. I don't eat much red meat unless I pass by an In & Out and I don't drink milk, it would be hard to give up hot dogs but I think I could do it. Can you recommend any books or sites that might help me decide if this is something I could do.
                              A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

wtf,

You want to give up hot dogs? Go read about what's in them. As Bill Maher says, "I wouldn't touch a hot dog without a condom on it."

Comment

Working...
                                X