Can I live without CCC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I live without CCC...

...for a whole week? In about 41 hours, I will be off on vacation to the mountains. Cell phone doesn't work (my carrier anyway), no internet, and no office. I'm not trying to rub it in...well, I guess I am a little.
    There are places that still have 20 FEET of snow on the roads! I can't wait!
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Fantastic! Have a great time and be sure to let us know all about it when you return. Me? Jealous? Yep! Have fun!

Comment

What????? and leave the beautiful midwest weather of flooding rains, tornados, straight line winds. Whatta r u think'n????

Have fun anyways.
      If I was meant to have wheels under my ass, what the hell are these legs for?
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455040496

Comment

You CAN survive it. The first 48 hours are the worst. Have fun!
        Blog:
        Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Who has 20 feet of snow? Northern Montana?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom92
            What????? and leave the beautiful midwest weather of flooding rains, tornados, straight line winds. Whatta r u think'n????

Have fun anyways.
            That's the problem with Indiana weather. While our neighbors about 40 miles north of me got hammered with rain, we are about bone dry where I live. Our rivers and creeks will get their run off but the crops down here need the rain.
            And, yeah, I'll leave it in a heartbeat. I love the low humidity and low temps of the mtns, not to mention their beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Peter
              SW Colorado. The one pass we normally take going had about 20 ft on the road a couple of wks ago. Here is a sample of what I have to deal with for a week.

Comment

Let me try that again.

Comment

Mike ... you just left me breathless.... and that hasn't happened in awhile .. exquisite .... have a wonderful time!

Obieone
                  ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
                  Jane Siberry

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Peter
                    It's happpening in SouthWest Montana for the last three weeks, and Glacier has gotten hit pretty hard, but us poor bastards down a lil south got hit with it too
                    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Heard it snowed up in Snoqualmie Pass, Washington on I-90 just a couple days ago - at only 2500'! They had 577 inches of snow this past season btw. Back in the late 80's I visited my great-grandmother's place in Cedar Hill, New Mexico, just over the border from Durango, CO. Went to Rico, near Telluride to visit another uncle, whereupon I had my first encounter with 3.2% beer (Coors and Colorado, don't ya know), and me and some distant cousins hiked up to the summit of Telescope Mtn (12,218' btw) There wasn't any snow as I recall, but boy it was sure COLD up there! And this was in August as I remember!

Hope ya have LOTS of fun and take LOTS of pictures - it'll help with the withdrawal symptoms

Tom

Comment

Hope you have good brakes, a run away chair on those hills could be quite a ride.
                        C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Comment

Have fun!! I love that part of Colorado. Don't worry about missing CC-like Bethany says the first 48 hours are the hardest. Just make sure you block some extra time to play catch up when you get back.

Kathy

Comment

[quote=Tom]Heard it snowed up in Snoqualmie Pass, Washington on I-90 just a couple days ago - at only 2500'! They had 577 inches of snow this past season btw. Back in the late 80's I visited my great-grandmother's place in Cedar Hill, New Mexico, just over the border from Durango, CO. Went to Rico, near Telluride to visit another uncle, whereupon I had my first encounter with 3.2% beer (Coors and Colorado, don't ya know),

Not to go off on a tangent but 3.2%?? In Canada that would be called flavoured water

Comment

Enjoy the beautiful mountains!!

Comment

Working...
                              X