Clear All

• Seen any good movies lately?

has anyone seen any good movies lately?
    harold and kumar?
    strangers?

Check out this long-lived thread:

/forum/showthread.php?t=71552

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

iron man

Saw Iron man this past weekend. Not a real fan of Science Fiction, but went with 20 something son. I did enjoy it in the concept of bigscreen, surround sound, etc. As a woman--- Robt. Downey Jr. is SO HOT !!! Those eyes !! Could watch him in anything. First saw him in the Chaplin story. He is a great talent. Hope the drug problems are behind him.
      Would be a waste to see him lost.

Comment

Originally posted by rebajane
        Saw Iron man this past weekend. Not a real fan of Science Fiction, but went with 20 something son. I did enjoy it in the concept of bigscreen, surround sound, etc. As a woman--- Robt. Downey Jr. is SO HOT !!! Those eyes !! Could watch him in anything. First saw him in the Chaplin story. He is a great talent. Hope the drug problems are behind him.
        Would be a waste to see him lost.
        Well then get this flick: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005),which is a lota fun and which I watched for (among other things) Michelle Monaghan and Shannyn Sossamon.

Thanks for linking us back KLD; reading the beginning of that thread brings back a lot of enjoyable memories; Leon/The Professional, Natalie Portman, Gary Oldman - btw, to get an idea of Oldman's talent and range and to see the best of the Batman movies as well, watch Batman Begins (2005). He plays Jim Gordon in it, a straight-man straight cop and he's totally believable in this 'average good-guy' part. Not to mention, the flick is one of the best ever made.
        "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
        J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Untraceable was really good thriller, but it gets a little gory but not to bad. So was National Treasure Two... I loved the first one
          MandyRae

Comment

I watch a lot of foreign films and saw three recently that I thought were great!

Persepolis: saw it with the guy I'm seeing and he's an artist so it was great to have another take on the film. It's about a young woman growing up in Iran and how she fought to remain true to herself during a period of time where there were a lot of restrictions on how women were permitted to live.

Family Law: it's about a relationship between fathers and sons

Dark Blue, Almost Black: about a guy who gets continually screwed over in life .....but I really liked the film!!!

Comment

recent movies from netflix, and i always lag, Talk to Me, Howards End, The Namesake, The Painted Veil, Fracture. Fracture stands out as it had me guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by cass
                recent movies from netflix, and i always lag, Talk to Me, Howards End, The Namesake, The Painted Veil, Fracture. Fracture stands out as it had me guessing.
                You are lagging. I thought you'd taken a break from work; what are you doing besides catching up on flicks that have been out for years - decade and half for Howards End. I didn't see Talk to Me or The Namesake but of the remaining three I'd be hard pressed to pick a fav. I'm impressed with Naomi Watts ability to project personas like a chameleon. If you've seen her flawless performances in The Ring, The Painted Veil and Stay I think you'll agree. Even her look changes so totally (hight notwithstanding) it's hard to credit it's the same artist.

Cass, have you seen The Corporation?
                J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Bump.
                  J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Theater: I saw The Eye, Ironman, The Ruins, Sex In The City, and The Strangers. Ironman was good (the final fight could have played out better), The Ruins was aaaalllllriiigghhhht, SITC was really really funny, and The Strangers was a HUGE letdown. I actually thought The Eye was great.

DVD: Recently I have seen Deja Vu, Shooter, The Jackal, Mercury Rising, The Manchurian Candidate, The Forgotten, Batman Forever, and Resident Evil 3, just to name a few...They are all amongst my favorite movies.
                    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

Comment

Originally posted by Tufelhunden
                      Theater: I saw The Eye, Ironman, The Ruins, Sex In The City, and The Strangers. Ironman was good (the final fight could have played out better), The Ruins was aaaalllllriiigghhhht, SITC was really really funny, and The Strangers was a HUGE letdown. I actually thought The Eye was great.

DVD: Recently I have seen Deja Vu, Shooter, The Jackal, Mercury Rising, The Manchurian Candidate, The Forgotten, Batman Forever, and Resident Evil 3, just to name a few...They are all amongst my favorite movies.
                      Hey Tufel, I just found no good reviews of your "The Eye" (a fairly in-depth bemoaning of the lack of any decent appearance of Jessica Alba's ass in Pajiba, though) amongst my usual reviewer cronies and then stumbled on an older Peter Travers review of the Hong Kong originated 2003 "The Eye" Link and bought it through Amazon since Netflix don't stock it.

I'll check through some of your other recommends as well.
                      J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Atonement

Atonement, I read the book when it came out now it is a movie. The movie has a different ending though. I read more books than watch movies.

titanium4motion
                        "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

Problems with Atonement:

1. A note not ever meant for anything but the wastebasket - containing the C word - is mistakenly passed from the composer to a disturbed young girl. Why; it makes no sense.

2. A disturbed young girl (twelve) does some unaccountable and extremely malicious things that result in a young man's incarceration. Why; her confusion accounts for very little of this.

3. There's more but those two things make the premise on which Atonement is based too much of a reach. Or, at least, they made it too much of a reach for me to enjoy the movie half as much as I might of. Great photography and acting and some historically accurate WW2 crap go a long way toward making up for the other - just not far enough.
                          J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

I went to see THE STRANGERS and loved it.This is a thriller that will have you holding on to your chair the whole time..LOL Great movie to have the Lady's scared and hugging you. IRON MAN was good as well great action.

Comment

Iron Man-Loved it. I don't like all cartoon-action movies, but I like all Batman movies and I liked this. It helped to be a R. Downey Jr.fan.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall-Ehhh. I wasn't impressed.

Sex and the City-Don't go, unless you were a fan of the show. In that case, don't miss it! Our girls are all grown up. Charlotte is sappy. The best character development is probably Samantha. Pushing 50 and smoking hot-what a great character!
                              Blog:
                              Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Working...
                              X