Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2jazzyjeff
    These are over by 2'' too.
    I'm guessing that the Mercury is parked that way so that the driver can get a wheelchair in and out of their vehicle without their door smacking the car in the next spot. In that situation, I back into the parking space. And I bet that motorcyclist hasn't a clue that they are doing anything wrong. I see bikes parked in the crosshatch, with an empty stall next to them, fairly regularly. It seems that if they really didn't give a crap, they would just park in the gimp spot and move on.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Racing
      I'm guessing that the Mercury is parked that way so that the driver can get a wheelchair in and out
      Actually, I call that ''blue hair parking'', lol. I typically associate them with that kind of vehicle. This, I would bet 90% of the time, is a case of just wheeling in and not checking where you are.. see it everytime I'm out.

And I bet that motorcyclist hasn't a clue that they are doing anything wrong.
      They actually think they are doing us a favor... They couldn't be more wrong as now he's blocking 2 van lifts.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

I also see a LOT of the ''blue hair parking'' around here

I wonder if they are simply to lazy to turn the wheel and get into the space when I see them parked at an angle

Originally posted by 2jazzyjeff
        Actually, I call that ''blue hair parking'', lol. I typically associate them with that kind of vehicle. This, I would bet 90% of the time, is a case of just wheeling in and not checking where you are.. see it everytime I'm out.

They actually think they are doing us a favor... They couldn't be more wrong as now he's blocking 2 van lifts.
        Ron.

Comment

oh lord, are people that gullible? i hope not.

geocities oughta pull that crap.

and, methinks, op, you oughta not spam your site here with a bs story.
          Last edited by cass; 05-28-2008, 11:06 PM.

Comment

People parking in the crosshatched areas are way too common, usually it's the fat and lazy people that are given a handicapped window tag by their doctor. It's happened to me a couple times and security tells you they have a handicap tag which is a load of shit because clearly it is not a space to park but for unloading and loading of a vehicle. Bout time you hear of a fine for the crosshatch infraction. I believe there needs to be tighter guidelines for obtaining handicapped parking priveldges not just a doctor filling out a application because someone can't walk too far, wtf are you going to the mall for then!!

Comment

Originally posted by alex17
              People parking in the crosshatched areas are way too common, usually it's the fat and lazy people that are given a handicapped window tag by their doctor. It's happened to me a couple times and security tells you they have a handicap tag which is a load of shit because clearly it is not a space to park but for unloading and loading of a vehicle. Bout time you hear of a fine for the crosshatch infraction. I believe there needs to be tighter guidelines for obtaining handicapped parking priveldges not just a doctor filling out a application because someone can't walk too far, wtf are you going to the mall for then!!
              How can you call them fat and lazy? Do you think it's easy eating all that extra food each and every day; that working their jaws with all that added chewing and their throats with all that extra swallowing is easy. How about just ambulating with all that extra insulation weighing them down and heating them up? Reality check!
              "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
              J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

3/17/16 Got to the Ventura County Hospital Emergency Room and there were no parking spots available. Had an ill passenger in pain as a passenger and had to get her to the ER. When I returned there was a ticket. No one called out in the ER waiting room to see who had parked in handicapped area. Ticket on windshield. Anyone have a similar experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Carloslvii View Post
                  3/17/16 Got to the Ventura County Hospital Emergency Room and there were no parking spots available. Had an ill passenger in pain as a passenger and had to get her to the ER. When I returned there was a ticket. No one called out in the ER waiting room to see who had parked in handicapped area. Ticket on windshield. Anyone have a similar experience?
                  Pay the ticket. Next time don't park there. You probably could have gotten assistance right at the entrance for your passenger to get inside and then you could find legal parking.
                  I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

You are not going to find much sympathy on this site for illegally parking in a handicapped spot. Actually glad you were ticketed. Hope it was a big enough fine to make you remember to not do it again.

(KLD)
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Handicapped parking is getting worse....no room to get your lift out most the time. I try and find a spot next to were no one else can park.....that don't work all the time either. Nobody gives a dam unless its them. Places open all night is your best bet.... shopping like midnight till 3am......lol
                      Art

Comment

Doesn't always work.

Originally posted by Art454 View Post
                        Handicapped parking is getting worse....no room to get your lift out most the time. I try and find a spot next to were no one else can park.....that don't work all the time either. Nobody gives a dam unless its them. Places open all night is your best bet.... shopping like midnight till 3am......lol
                        I tried doing that. One night I went to Giant Eagle and there was a Mustang convertible part in handicap parking with 4 teenagers in it laughing and having a good time so I parked in the opposite stop. While in the store the the driver was buying beer!

Ti
                        "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

What a bizarre post! This person with no user profile, no posting history and presumably zero connection to the SCI community finds his way to this forum to complain about a handicapped parking ticket violation?! Too rich.
                          stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

there s a nice little jaunt down memory lane. Does anyone know how Cass or Liz or Jeff is doing/ I haven't noticed any of them around, although I've only been back a bit.

Comment

Saw this on my Twitter feed yesterday. It is something rather than nothing but I think my verbiage would be a bit more aggressive:
                              http://www.braunability.com/handicap...-save-my-spot/

Comment

Originally posted by Domosoyo View Post
                                but I think my verbiage would be a bit more aggressive:
                                Something like this?

Or one of these? http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photo...ndshield-signs

Comment

Working...
                                X