No announcement yet.

Being Happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight, happiness is a long shower that gets me squeaky clean and cooled down after the heat of the day, then sliding into a bed made up with fresh, clean linens (everything from the mattress pad to the comforter).

Actually being able to sleep for more than a hour would be *such* a bonus...
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Metting fellow CareCure member was alot of fun.

Enjoyed my 4 day trip to the lake with some friends and family.

Enrolled my son in Pre-K was a joy.

Happy, should be my nickname by now.
      Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Comment

OMG...I envy you...

Originally posted by GoTWHeeLs View Post
        Why do I think I'm happier? I am, this is my life and I enjoy everyday. In the past I wasn't happy, I was miserable. Why? Doesn't matter, what does is that I never want to feel that again. So I strive for a better life, a better way of living MY life and where I am right now is where I want to be.

I know everyone's situation is different by all means. I don't expect everyone to understand because of this, but life is what you make of it, regardless.
        Oh how I envy your joy of life...I am not there yet...maybe someday...and, I remember my life BEFORE and it was a lot better than this...at least I could hold my grandchildren in my lap!
        Dusty

Comment

Happiness- everyone's goal. I just read a Harvard study that is soooo interesting. I highly recommend it. http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200906/happiness

Comment

Misery is living with perfect health forever

I've heard it said that true misery is if you had perfect health and were to live forever.

That's a heavy thought to ponder, but after some thought, I agree. The secret to being happy is living in the NOW (no past - no future). If you lived forever, there would be no value for the joy of the current moment.

Those with SCI or a chronic illness tend to appreciate each new sunrise and living in the NOW more than others. Despite my many difficulties, I feel blessed to have a greater appreciation for each new day and moment.

What do you think??

Comment

I think your right. Living in the NOW allows me to enjoy life, even when its raining shit I appreciate the moment because I understand the alternative.
              Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Comment

hi all

I feel content bording on being happy, as I said I have AMD in my right eye going blind, if I get it in the other eye I kill myself

I am really please that the UK justice system has just ruled that a spouse will not be committing an offence in an assisted killing

So if I go blind I can go to Swizaland and die gently and in peace, with the woman I love so much by my side, and she will not be in any trouble.

As sick as it sounds, I feel so much more happier,

Love, health, and happyness is all that matters in life, anything else theres barclay card

Comment

Originally posted by bevo View Post
                  The secret to being happy is living in the NOW (no past - no future).
                  I have happy memories that I don't want to forget and I also enjoy looking forward to good things. I agree that it's important to appreciate the now, but don't agree that it is the ONLY happiness.

Those with SCI or a chronic illness tend to appreciate each new sunrise and living in the NOW more than others.
                  That has not been my observation. I have seen as much diversity in this area in people with disabilities as I have in AB people.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by thehipcrip View Post
                    Tonight, happiness is a long shower that gets me squeaky clean and cooled down after the heat of the day, then sliding into a bed made up with fresh, clean linens (everything from the mattress pad to the comforter).

Actually being able to sleep for more than a hour would be *such* a bonus...
                    ditto

Comment

If you get the chance to show someone that life post-SCI is different, but still living, that's a good feeling. It often happens unintentionally, but it's always a good thing.

Pay It Forward! You'll never regret it.
                      Blog:
                      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by the fisherman View Post
                        I feel content bording on being happy, as I said I have AMD in my right eye going blind, if I get it in the other eye I kill myself

I am really please that the UK justice system has just ruled that a spouse will not be committing an offence in an assisted killing

So if I go blind I can go to Swizaland and die gently and in peace, with the woman I love so much by my side, and she will not be in any trouble.

As sick as it sounds, I feel so much more happier,

Love, health, and happyness is all that matters in life, anything else theres barclay card
                        That is how it should be.
                        Blessed Be
                        My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Racing
                          I agree that it's important to appreciate the now, but don't agree that it is the ONLY happiness.
                          Me too. When my "now" consists of unrelenting pain and sleepless nights, I am able to get through it by recalling wonderfully happy times in my past and looking forward to more times like that in my future.
                          It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Of course we all have our memories we go back to in tough times. Without them life would be difficult.

Betheny, you must watch News channel 4. Spirit bank going to pay you a visit?

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by bevo View Post
                              Those with SCI or a chronic illness tend to appreciate each new sunrise and living in the NOW more than others. Despite my many difficulties, I feel blessed to have a greater appreciation for each new day and moment.

What do you think??
                              No doubt something as profound as an SCI will change your life one way or another.

I think for some, it's probably fair to say, on some level it's given us "a greater appreciation for each new day and moment". But do I feel it's a blessing?

After 27+ years of being a C5 complete quad, I think some of us tell ourselves it's a proverbial "blessing in disguise" as a coping mechanism. We need to give the devastation a purpose.

In my case, I just think random bad stuff just happens. All I try to do is make the most of a messed up situation.

Chris.
                              Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

Comment

IN the course of testing for an upcoming surgery I went through a series of epidurals. one of them hit the right spot and for the first time in 5 years my pain went down to 2-3. in a twist of cruelty it only lasted 12 hours but God it was nice. I truly forgot what it is like to be almost pain free.

Bevo, I still find wonder in the world but cannot reconcile my injury with anything good or positive whatsoever.

bill

A truly blessed day,
                                Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
                                don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Comment

Working...
                                X