No announcement yet.

Being Happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

being surrounded by happy people makes me happy!
    The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

Comment

Originally posted by Emi2
      I think being happy truly is a decision that needs to be made again and again.
      I say this to everybody. Happiness is a choice. Yes, we all have bad days. Yes, being a complete C5 sucks. But I like feeling happy, so I choose to be happy.

Originally posted by Emi2
      I think the Western culture has created an unrealistic expectation of how life should be and that is why so many people are unhappy as they strive for an unattainable ideal life.
      Yep.

Plus, I think in most First World countries we have 'charmed lives' compared to the past and other countries. When you don't spend all day hunting and farming just to scrape together enough food to fill your aching belly, you start indulging sadness etc.

Chris.
      Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

Comment

The people of the third world have lean lives - while those in the first have 'chunky' lives. 'Chunkiness' is imposed, unnatural and unwieldy. To escape chunkiness we must first become aware of from where and how it is imposed and then structure our lives in such a way to break its bonds and stay free of them.
        "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
        J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Welcome to the board Lyndy. You'll love it here!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus
            I say this to everybody. Happiness is a choice. Yes, we all have bad days. Yes, being a complete C5 sucks. But I like feeling happy, so I choose to be happy.

Yep.

Plus, I think in most First World countries we have 'charmed lives' compared to the past and other countries. When you don't spend all day hunting and farming just to scrape together enough food to fill your aching belly, you start indulging sadness etc.

Chris.

I come from Venezuela, and while it is NOT as 3rd world as other places, it is most definetely NOT structure friendly to those of us with disabilities... I lived on a 3rd floor with no elevator and could not go out too often.... BUT, in spite of that lack of knowledge regarding different kinds of disabilities, people there were capable of seeing pass my W/C easier than here.

HOWEVER, I CHOOSE to come here and DO NOT regret it. The U.S. is my home, and I'm proud of it... Just wish we would unite in a better way to show the world that YES we need a cure, BUT that SCI does not make us contagious.

Last but not least, I agree that happiness is a choice... Tough & feisty, but non-the-less the way that we choose to overcome the rough roads that life gets us on...
            Thoughts become things, choose the good ones!

Comment

so i was outside a while the other day and i guess insect activity was pretty high at the time because that night i found all these chigger bites on my feet and legs. YAY for not feeling their itch!! The perks of an sci
              Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
              -Dorothy Thompson

Comment

All I Have To Say Is Your Attitude Should Be Contagious !!!! God Bless You Hun !!

Comment

Woohoo! I'm Happy we got RAIN IN TEXAS!!!
                  Welcome to CC Peachy.

We do need the rain but not so happy about it now that there's a hurricane headed to Florida.
                  Praying for everyone there.
                  Last edited by Mona~on~wheels; 18 Aug 2008, 2:24 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I am happy for the sincere generosity and friendship of my new neighbor who helped me today. I will always be grateful for his help when I needed it the most.
                    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

to be happy in the thought that after bad days, happy days are sure , is making me positive and i m awaiting happy days to welcome....and i know it will come..this is universe cycle..
                      ChemistOnline.in

Comment

Shwetarose! Welcome home! It makes me happy that shwetarose is back among us!
                        Blog:
                        Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

thanks betheny for a veryy warm welcome..yes back home.. with my people...my frds..hugs...
                          ChemistOnline.in

Comment

Heart's beating, lung's working, relatively conscious. Every day is a blessing, happiness.

Comment

That's a good thing!

I'm happy because my 11th grandchild will be born by c-section Monday 15th! I can't wait!
                              sigpic

Comment

And I am happy my old and my new cat is behaving quite friendly to each other today.

11 grandchildren Mona? I am jelouse, I don't have any yet.
                                TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Working...
                                X