Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Being Happy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Raven
    I believe that you make yourself happier with your perspective of life GoTWHeeLs. The attitude you present is healthier and makes you feel good about what helps you to be happy. I also think that when you dwell only the bad things, it will only bring you down.

    Adi, pain is in everyone's life in one form or other. Suffering is not just physical pain, it can be emotional and mental. Can you tell us what it is to be in their lives and to be suffering what they suffer? Cancer, AIDS, blind, the loss of someone very close to your life such as a child , or many other illnesses? I doubt you do. The instinct of surviving is in most of us. However, the effects of trauma, pain and/or loss are the ones we need to address with more strength and a positive attitude in order to keep on in life especially if you believe in Jesus or God as you say you do.

    For me, my children and Isis make me happy to be alive. Seeing the roses bloom and nature one more day also adds to my happiness.

    Raven
    raven i agree with you ....suffering is not just phyisical pain ...but when your whole body hurts like hell ....as a human is hard to smile .
    ps.severe sci [ complete quads]is worse than aids or cancer ............

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by adi chicago
      raven i agree with you ....suffering is not just phyisical pain ...but when your whole body hurts like hell ....as a human is hard to smile .
      ps.severe sci [ complete quads]is worse than aids or cancer ............
      I can't take your BULLSHIT anymore adi! how can you be so definitive?
      ps. that's a rhetorical question

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by mimin
        I can't take your BULLSHIT anymore adi! how can you be so definitive?
        ps. that's a rhetorical question
        does your body hurts mimim [spasticity ,neuro pain]?if not, you are lucky ....

        Comment


          #19
          GW's, good thread/sticky. I have lots to be happy for as well.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Mona
            Matthew 18:1-5 NVC "Who Is The Greatest?"
            At that time the followers came to Jesus and asked,
            "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"
            Jesus called a little child to him and stood the
            child before His followers. Then He said, "I tell
            you the truth, you must change and become like little
            children. Otherwise, you will never enter the kingdom
            of heaven. The greatest person in the kingdom of heaven
            is the one who makes himself humble like this child
            .
            Whoever accepts a child in my name accepts me.
            May God touch our hearts to love everyone like a child does.
            That's a great sentiment, Mona, whether one buys into religion or not And so true where being humble is concerned.
            Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
            Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

            Thanks!

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by adi chicago
              raven i agree with you ....suffering is not just phyisical pain ...but when your whole body hurts like hell ....as a human is hard to smile .
              ps.severe sci [ complete quads]is worse than aids or cancer ............
              Adi, have you ever suffered the pain of cancer or AIDS?

              Mimin, I hate to admit it but I pretty much feel like you. I guess we all are living in heaven or paradise since we don't suffer like he does, do we?

              I do have so much to be pretty content in every day that I wake. Yesterday, a good friend of Nick's brought us dinner (belated b-day). She is such sweet and thoughtful friend who worries about his problems with Neuropathic pain and checks on him often. We are so blessed to have her in our lives too.

              Raven
              Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

              A warrior is not one who always wins,
              but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by adi chicago
                when severe pain strikes...no human can be happy
                You really, REALLY need to stop speaking for others as you don't have a clue.

                C.

                Comment


                  #23
                  I spent Friday with my Mom and we had such a great time together. We did girly girl things, had great one on one time talking and having fun. Even if she were not my Mom we'd be friends.

                  Today my parents dropped by to see me. We visited here for a few and went to my Uncle's. We did not have anything planned, just spent time drinking coffee and tea, talking and laughing together.

                  I'm always happiest in the midst of my family.

                  We don't get to choose our parents or Uncle or other family members. Even if I could have chosen, I'd have picked the ones I have. I know I'm so very fortunate to have the family I have.

                  Family is the happiest of creations, of beings. I'm happiest among mine.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by LaMemChose
                    I spent Friday with my Mom and we had such a great time together. We did girly girl things, had great one on one time talking and having fun. Even if she were not my Mom we'd be friends.

                    Today my parents dropped by to see me. We visited here for a few and went to my Uncle's. We did not have anything planned, just spent time drinking coffee and tea, talking and laughing together.

                    I'm always happiest in the midst of my family.

                    We don't get to choose our parents or Uncle or other family members. Even if I could have chosen, I'd have picked the ones I have. I know I'm so very fortunate to have the family I have.

                    Family is the happiest of creations, of beings. I'm happiest among mine.
                    Now that is cool ME, it makes me happy as well
                    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

                    Thanks!

                    Comment


                      #25
                      rdf
                      That's a great sentiment, Mona, whether one buys into religion or not And so true where being humble is concerned
                      exactly

                      Yesterday, a good friend of Nick's brought us dinner (belated b-day). She is such sweet and thoughtful friend who worries about his problems with Neuropathic pain and checks on him often. We are so blessed to have her in our lives too.

                      Raven
                      How sweet, friends like her are rare.

                      I spent Friday with my Mom and we had such a great time together. We did girly girl things, had great one on one time talking and having fun. Even if she were not my Mom we'd be friends.

                      Today my parents dropped by to see me. We visited here for a few and went to my Uncle's. We did not have anything planned, just spent time drinking coffee and tea, talking and laughing together.

                      I'm always happiest in the midst of my family.

                      We don't get to choose our parents or Uncle or other family members. Even if I could have chosen, I'd have picked the ones I have. I know I'm so very fortunate to have the family I have.

                      Family is the happiest of creations, of beings. I'm happiest among mine.
                      I'm glad you had quality time with your parents.
                      I'd choose mine too. They're not with me any more, but my happiest times were simple ones. Me & mom in the garden together, and like you sitting around the table drinking tea. Thanks for bringing the memory back.

                      Mona
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Tiger Racing
                        You really, REALLY need to stop speaking for others as you don't have a clue.

                        C.
                        definitely a hasty generalization...some of the most miserable people I've ever met had their health/finances/employment in check
                        Disabled Sports USA
                        Wound Care Products

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by jackmcmanus21
                          definitely a hasty generalization...some of the most miserable people I've ever met had their health/finances/employment in check
                          As opposed to you, who are...?
                          "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
                          J.B.S.Haldane

                          Comment


                            #28
                            We can't even have a happy thread. There is always someone that has to bring it down.

                            There are plenty of other threads for the "woe is me" people.
                            T-5 incomplete

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by gurly2356
                              Baking. I love baking when I'm feeling down.
                              I like baking, too.

                              We had just finished dinner last night and I was in the middle of whipping up a cake, when suddenly the mixer dies and all the lights go out. Not sure why, but our entire neighborhood was blacked out for a few hours. Lots of people hung out on their porches or in their driveways, chit chatting with family and friends. My husband and I made ourselves a couple of drinks and sat on the front porch for an hour or so. After that, we got ready for bed, listened to music on my computer until the battery died and reminisced about our younger days. Oh, the memories that can be stirred up by a few rock ballads done by hair bands! When the power came back on, we decided to leave the TV off and found something more interesting to do.

                              I'm not sure what this cake is going to taste like after leaving the batter in the fridge over night and baking it this morning, but either way, last night I couldn't have been happier.

                              C.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Tiger Racing
                                I like baking, too.

                                We had just finished dinner last night and I was in the middle of whipping up a cake, when suddenly the mixer dies and all the lights go out. Not sure why, but our entire neighborhood was blacked out for a few hours. Lots of people hung out on their porches or in their driveways, chit chatting with family and friends. My husband and I made ourselves a couple of drinks and sat on the front porch for an hour or so. After that, we got ready for bed, listened to music on my computer until the battery died and reminisced about our younger days. Oh, the memories that can be stirred up by a few rock ballads done by hair bands! When the power came back on, we decided to leave the TV off and found something more interesting to do.

                                I'm not sure what this cake is going to taste like after leaving the batter in the fridge over night and baking it this morning, but either way, last night I couldn't have been happier.

                                C.
                                Those sound like a few special, happy hours that you weren't expecting, Tiger. Those are the most enjoyable, the little times in our lives when things just seem to go mellow for whatever reasons, and camaraderie and happiness take over our souls for at least a while. Something to cherish, for sure

                                -

                                Will you bake me some cakes and cookies and send them to me? That would make me happy
                                Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                                Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

                                Thanks!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X