No announcement yet.

Being Happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, don't watch it. What is spirit bank? I just find Pay It Forward to be a good life philosophy.

Originally posted by GoTWHeeLs View Post
    Of course we all have our memories we go back to in tough times. Without them life would be difficult.

Betheny, you must watch News channel 4. Spirit bank going to pay you a visit?
    Blog:
    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Its a segment on Channel 4 called Pay It Forward. People nominate people for their good deeds and the winner gets $400 from Spirit Bank.
      Originally posted by betheny View Post
      No, don't watch it. What is spirit bank? I just find Pay It Forward to be a good life philosophy.
      Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by bollefen View Post
        IN the course of testing for an upcoming surgery I went through a series of epidurals. one of them hit the right spot and for the first time in 5 years my pain went down to 2-3. in a twist of cruelty it only lasted 12 hours but God it was nice. I truly forgot what it is like to be almost pain free.

Bevo, I still find wonder in the world but cannot reconcile my injury with anything good or positive whatsoever.

bill

A truly blessed day,
        Maybe an intrathecal pump would help you, if an epidural injection did.

Seems the only thing that will a) stop my pains from continually getting worse, and b) provide relief, is to fall asleep and not wake up. I'm not lucky enough for that to happen, so the torture will continue, and my function and ability to concentrate, and tolerate moving, will keep decreasing..
        Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Intrathecal pump

This whole series of testing began over an intrathecal pump. The dorsal stim (though working) lost all efficacyand at virtually the same time I physically took a huge turn for the worse, pain wise, Spasticity, all symptoms went bilateral after 3 yrear of predominantly right sided presentation.

The Neurologist/pain doc who was setting me up for the intrathecal pump saw me nosedive and felt there was a spinal complication, the doc who was going to put in the pump agreed and cancelled and they sent me back to my neurosurgeon. the series of epis and full thoracic CTs were in lieue of a myelogram and the results seem to indicate a much larger problem extending into the T section so the pump trial which was going after L3-4-5, S1 would not have worked anyway. He also felt that although epis usually last a while he expected it to last a day maybe a couple but that was all.

All very confusing but now it all points to another problem that should be resolved prior to evaluating a pain pump and where it would best be located. btw the doc who did the epi said he superjuiced me and guaranteed I be great til mid Sept. oh well.

Sound confusing? me too. But the team is good, and they're woking really hard to find any organic issues rather than just juice me.

Kindly,

bill
          Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
          don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Comment

Maggie

I'd love to be this happy for a few minutes.
            If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

Happiness is always a by-product.
              It is probably a matter of temperament, and for anything I know it may be glandular.
              But it is not something that can be demanded from life, and if you are not happy you had better stop worrying about it and see what treasures you can pluck from your own brand of unhappiness.

"What's the use of worrying?
              It never was worth while,
              So pack up your troubles in your old kit-bag,
              And smile, smile, smile.

Comment

My oldest turned 5 on Thursday and had his first soccer game yesterday afternoon. Was alot of fun watchin the kids run around kicking the ball without a clue. All the kids loved Hanson(Service dog). Has been a good weekend.
                Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Comment

Listening to musiv makes me happy. Also I LOVE live music!!

My friends and positive people make me happy.

If you're feeling down or anxious, reading is a good thing to do.

Comment

The cats paws were COLD!! LOL
                    Last night the cat came in from outside. He likes to jump in my lap when he's cold and snuggle a minute. I said hey your feet are cold. Then suddenly I'm hollering the cats feet are cold!! I'm excited. My friend, who isn't used to me yet, is thinking I've lost it. He's like, yea it's 25 degrees outside, they're going to be cold. No I can feel they are cold!!!! I have sensation for touch on my thighs but I could never feel temperature. Until last night. Although usually I am wearing jeans so maybe I haven't noticed when it started? I never knew little cold kitty feet could feel so good.
                    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

Originally posted by addiesue View Post
                      The cats paws were COLD!! LOL
                      Last night the cat came in from outside. He likes to jump in my lap when he's cold and snuggle a minute. I said hey your feet are cold. Then suddenly I'm hollering the cats feet are cold!! I'm excited. My friend, who isn't used to me yet, is thinking I've lost it. He's like, yea it's 25 degrees outside, they're going to be cold. No I can feel they are cold!!!! I have sensation for touch on my thighs but I could never feel temperature. Until last night. Although usually I am wearing jeans so maybe I haven't noticed when it started? I never knew little cold kitty feet could feel so good.

Wow! Cool beans addiesue! That had to feel good. So happy for you.

{hugs}
                      sigpic

Comment

Yay cold kitty feet! I can lend you a kitty with a very cold nose to match lol

Comment

That's amazing, addiesue! What a wonderful surprise. I've always believed that good things came in on little cat feet and now I have proof.
                          It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Yay Addie!!!!
                            T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Wow! Isn't that also where you had your burns? Double wow if so! May it keep coming as long as it isn't painful.

Comment

I am surprised and happy for you
                                TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Working...
                                X