Meeting CCC Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WheelieMike
    As great as that would be, could you image the parking nightmare.
    It's bad enough when I meet two of my fellow wheelers for pizza. All three of us and the place we go has two HC spots. If either of those are filled, it gets interesting.

I like the meeting idea, but it would likely need to be a large parking lot with every other spot as no parking. That's somewhat doable, but how about accessible restrooms?
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by trainman
      It's bad enough when I meet two of my fellow wheelers for pizza. All three of us and the place we go has two HC spots. If either of those are filled, it gets interesting.

I like the meeting idea, but it would likely need to be a large parking lot with every other spot as no parking. That's somewhat doable, but how about accessible restrooms?
      At least a meeting like this won't have a problem with seating.
      Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Comment

Just putting this out there for those that live fairly close to each other and want to have a gathering. On the Titan boards I am on we have Titan Meets and the biggest one is in Florida. They get up to over a 100 Titans in one lot. They just set it up and reserve a place with a lot of parking. You could do the same thing with a wheelchair meet. If y'all got together everyone could just have two spots to make room for ramps/lifts. It would take some planning and some phone calls for a bigger wheelchair get together, but it is doable.

Disclaimer: I have never set up a meet, but know those that have and if you want me to ask them some questions let me know and I will drop them a PM.
        "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
        http://www.kristi-allen.com

Comment

+6 here...

Comment

No, haven't had a chance, but willing

Comment

Originally posted by keps
              Rehab doesn't count, right?
              I met RehabRhino and Knightrider there.
              Of course it counts! You met me! I normally sell tickets for that kind of access
              C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

6+ for me and the wonderful DR.WISE
                For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Comment