No announcement yet.

When did house spiders get THIS big??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ala, you are bad. Very bad. I gotta show those pictures to my sister.
    "Music will always find its way to us, with or without business, politics, religion, or any other bullshit attached. Music survives everything, and like God it is always present. It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance. It has always found me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will." Eric Clapton

Comment

Originally posted by sjean423
      I SOOOOO wish I hadn't opened this thread!
      I second that.

Now I have to go to bed and think about these horrible picture.
      T-5 incomplete

Comment

Originally posted by alan
        Spiders are good bugs - they eat bad bugs.
        Technically not "bugs" as spiders are not insects, but yeah, if you have one less spider in your house, you have many, many more bugs.

Since I love spiders, having them crawl over me is no problem. Hearing about being trapped in place and having ants crawl over someone grossed me out though.

This was my pet tarantula, Inari. In this pic she was about 3 yrs old and with her legs outstretched, covered the palm of my hand. She got much bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Racing
          This was my pet tarantula, Inari. In this pic she was about 3 yrs old and with her legs outstretched, covered the palm of my hand. She got much bigger.
          Very pretty Carol, it must eat more than my Aunt Delia's St. Bernard!

Comment

venomous pets can kill ....many pets lovers do not think about the risk...

Comment

I have herd that if you have spiders around your house....it is in good shape.
              They eat the bad bugs....not really eat...I think they just suck the blood outa there victims..
              Spiders really dont bother me...but any snakes scares the shit outa me....a few years back in the summer...I opened the door to go outside and there was a 3 foot garden snake at the door...closed door real fast...went and got grappers....came back he was still there....pick him up with grapper and threw him in the ditch were he belongs.

Art
              Last edited by Art454; 25 Apr 2008, 4:02 PM.
              Art

Comment

Originally posted by adi chicago
                venomous pets can kill ....many pets lovers do not think about the risk...
                I'd be more worried about being bitten by someone's dog. People would ask me all the time if Inari bites. I would tell them no, but all of my cats do and that was the truth.

C.

Comment

I can handle a spider over a slimy slug anyday. When I moved to California nobody warned me about those freaky floor crawlers. Going to the bif in the middle of the night I stepped on one barefooted. Noth'n but grey ooozze everywhere. No more naked feet again.
                  If I was meant to have wheels under my ass, what the hell are these legs for?
                  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455040496

Comment

This is turning into the bug thread, lol. My bathroom story took place in my old college dorm with its (in)famously huge cockroaches. O' dark thirty, bleary eyed and up to take a leak, I very nearly set my bare foot upon the largest, brownest cockroach I'd ever seen in my life, clearly an escapee from Three Mile Island or some such mutant growth machine. Just about put a hole in the roof with my head. That dorm had some serious wildlife issues!

Tom

PS: TR, what particular species of tarantula is that btw? It's got fairly disctinctive orange and black markings, I've seen that before somewhere. I know they're pretty much harmless, but eh, juuust a little bit too creepy, even for me. Definitely a look-but-don't-touch proposition!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom
                      My bathroom story...
                      You need a picture to go with your story. Here you go buddy:

Yeah 6string, I'm bad to the bone.

Comment

Originally posted by Art454
                        I have herd that if you have spiders around your house....it is in good shape.
                        Art
                        So that is the reason I never saw bugs at my house back home.... I would always come out to a huge ornate web of a morning when I was going to work.

All I ever had was those annoying piss ants and they would be all over if I spilled a few crystals of sugar on the counter.
                        T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Tom
                          what particular species of tarantula is that btw? It's got fairly disctinctive orange and black markings, I've seen that before somewhere. I know they're pretty much harmless, but eh, juuust a little bit too creepy, even for me. Definitely a look-but-don't-touch proposition!
                          Inari was a Mexican Red Knee Tarantula. Very distinctive. Her species is often used in movies because they are rather striking in appearance, but are a very, very docile species. It is almost unheard of for a Mexican Red Knee to bite a human. However, they do have an effective means of defense that can be very irritating to humans (and other pests). They have urticating bristles that they can flick off their backs when they feel threatened. These bristles are like fiberglass and can dig into one's skin and can cause a great deal of itching and irritation and if one is allergic, they can be particularly troublesome.

That being said, if one just leaves these spiders alone, one never has to worry about it. Spiders have an extremely important position in many ecosystems. Without them, our world would be overrun with insects and those little buggers are really gross!

C.

Comment

Working...
                          X