Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bathroom sink renovation, what did you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a roll under sink set into a marble top with a half moon cut out of the center leading edge, so the bowl extends a couple inches farther toward me and there is no counter top between myself and the bowl. Makes reaching levers easier too.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

AW: please clarify faucet in medicine cabinet??
      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
      NW NJ

Comment

Originally posted by JAYCUE View Post
        I went with something like this. I got mine off ebay for less than $300. I've had it 2 years now with no complaints.

[ATTACH]19681[/ATTACH]

Our new kitchen is going in this week. My brother does that stuff for a living. He's going to have the sinkbase doors open and slide into the cabinet. I don't know if it's a kit or something he makes. I'll take pics and get all the info on how he does it.
        This being an old thread, the photos weren't retained. Do you have a photo of the cabinets where the sink base doors open and slide into the cabinet? Or a link where I can see them?
        -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Comment

I don't have a picture of that kitchen but we used hardware similar to this.
          https://www.amazon.com/Pivot-Slide-H...AD18HA1FSEB6XV

We didn't order a regular sink base. We used 2 dishwasher end panels as the sides and joined them together using a sink front, which looks like the top part of the cabinet with the drawer fronts. Then he ordered doors to fit and attached dummy toe kicks to the back of the doors so it looked like a sink base but didn't have the floor of the regular cabinet so you could roll in a little bit. Eventually, we took the doors off and put a finished panel towards the back to hide the plumbing.

Comment

Depending on the counter layout here is an example of sliding barn doors for cabinets.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NWKQFXH...211RELTQ&psc=1
            "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
            T5/6 complete

Comment

Working...
            X