Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bathroom sink renovation, what did you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shot of the shower entrance with rounded glass block wall shows where form and function meet. It's just beautiful with easy access. Must be great to use it.

Comment

I have a wall mounted sink roll underneat and a cabinet beside in kitchen we just cut out the floor board and roll underneath of it

Comment

Full floating double sink accessible vanity

I put this project off for years and finally got ambitious enough to go ahead and do it. I had a purely functional vanity in my master bath for a long time, but wanted to come with something that functioned well for anyone without looking like it was intended for wheelchair users. Sacrificed alot of storage to do it, but I'm really pleased with the result. All the heights and clearances meet ADA recommendations.
        Attached Files

Comment

Rebuilt the shower stall as well

The shower stall now has a fixed head and wand. A diverter valve allows either to be used individually or both at the same time. The main valve has some scald prevention features. All Delta fixtures in brushed nickel. Porcelain tile.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nicely Done!
            "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

Comment

This our master bathroom sink design. Found these sinks on line and really like them. They stick out from the counter and the front slants back, making them easy to get under. Kind of a farmhouse look, but easier to get under. Drain is at the back of the sink instead of in the middle like most sinks. Piping is covered with a removable panel and allows plenty of room for my legs. This is where I found them: http://www.worldofsinks.com/bathroom.../school-white/
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dragon fly View Post
                The shot of the shower entrance with rounded glass block wall shows where form and function meet. It's just beautiful with easy access. Must be great to use it.
                Speaking of form and function, we lived in the upstairs for a year while the downstairs master bedroom and bath were in process.
                Up there, the toilet is between the glass wall of the roll in shower and a short petition that separates it from the sink and countertop.
                We found a tiny bar sink and mounted it to the petition. I don't know about everyone else, but when I was doing BPs, a sink within useful reach was a necessity!
                69yo male T12 complete since 1995
                NW NJ

Comment

Totally, if i ever get to design my own bathroom, that is a must.. a sink that you can use while you're on the pot.. need like a separate sluice type sink for washing up all the nasty stuff.

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
                  Speaking of form and function, we lived in the upstairs for a year while the downstairs master bedroom and bath were in process.
                  Up there, the toilet is between the glass wall of the roll in shower and a short petition that separates it from the sink and countertop.
                  We found a tiny bar sink and mounted it to the petition. I don't know about everyone else, but when I was doing BPs, a sink within useful reach was a necessity!

Comment

I totally agree about having a sink within reach. I have sink and tub situated on each side of my toilet. The shower sprayer reaches the toilet so I use it like a bidet.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon fly View Post
                      We goofed on one thing: we should have put another grab bar on the left of the right seat (the one I sit on). A couple of times I've screwed the transfer back to the wheelchair and something with purchase I could grab would have saved some grief!
                      NW NJ

Comment

pfcs49, do you have a complete tour of your home somewhere on here? Looks amazing!! You have an elevator too?

Comment

Originally posted by crispy1981 View Post
                          pfcs49, do you have a complete tour of your home somewhere on here? Looks amazing!! You have an elevator too?
                          No. Maybe sometime I'll upload but if all need resizing, what a PITA!
                          Last edited by pfcs49; 26 Jun 2020, 8:40 AM.
                          NW NJ

Comment

We goofed on one thing: we should have put another grab bar on the left of the right seat (the one I sit on). A couple of times I've screwed the transfer back to the wheelchair and something with purchase I could grab would have saved some grief!
                            Just got a grab bar, waiting for carpenter to install it.
                            NW NJ

Comment

No. Maybe sometime I'll upload but if all need resizing, what a OITA!
                              yes it does ur deck is awesome

Comment

I also have a flat sink with nothing below. The medicine cabinet has a built-in faucet and it opens to the side with a sliding drawer. For additional storage there is a 3' wide cabinet that goes from floor to ceiling. Plenty of storage.

Comment

Working...
                                X