Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olossgirl,
    Nice sink and faucet, in case you haven't purchased them yet try
    http://www.faucetdirect.com/ we saved a lot of money buying from them online.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by mr_coffee
      Damn, when i get rich i want a cool bathroom! i'll post pix when i do
      Me too!!

I like the faucets that are high up so if I am running late and do not have time to shower I can wash my hair in the sink. I couldn't tell how high the one you posted was and if you could lean in there to do that. Just a thought.
      www.cawvsports.org
      The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
      We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Comment

Riz, that is one awesome bathroom, love that countertop,,,looks so regal!
        I have a tiny bathroom with small shower stall...put me, my shower chair and that hose in close proximity and it ain't very pretty. I envy all of you
        with big walkin/roll-in room...drool,,,drool!

Queen
        Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

Comment

Riz - do you use a power or manuel chair? my husband thinks he still would not get close enough to the sink if we went with something like what you have. your bathroom is stunning and very similar to what I want even wall color is in my palate. I found my sink online for $237 free shipping (which is cheaper than faucetdirect) and my shower faucets total about 500$ online free shipping also. I got good prices on my tile by shopping around warehouses and got good quality. as far as my counter I went to a supplier that does commercial jobs but has a yard full of remnants and refused pieces of granite we got a really good price there. the commode was a display at Lowe's that had been discontinued worth close to 1000$ and I paid 100$. We are remodeling little by little we chose not to get a loan and every paycheck something is bought in order to complete our bathroom. I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel now that the plumber has moved all the plumbing and my tile and commode have been purchased.

Comment

Nice cans guys! I just make do with a wall mount sink, raised toilet seat and a tub bench . I would love to have those spacious digs you have. My dream can would have a hot tub in it, great to float around weightless in one of those post SCI.

Comment

Olossgirl,
              I use a manual chair so I can get in close under the sink. Thanks for the compliment on the bathroom. I'll pass it on to my wife, she deserves all the credit for the decorating.
              Riz
              C5 incomplete

Comment

thankyou so much to all that replied, when my bathroom is done I will post a pic.

Comment

Olossgirl,

You can have a setup like Riz's but make the cupboards false too. That is, they swing open but there are no shelves or anything underneath. You just roll right under the sink. The doors can even be hung on special hinges that you open the doors and push them back under the sink/counter.

When done, you close them up and it looks like a normal vanity!

(Just a beautiful bathroom Riz. Great job.)

Comment

My ensuite bath room is the only one i made crip friendly...Its pretty small,where the tub was is now a roll in shower..

Comment

Hi all. Ok here I am posting on an old thread, but I have to ask... where di you get the plans for these bathrooms? Did you design them yourselves or findplans online?

Comment

My wife and I designed it ourselves.

Riz
                        C-5 incomplete

Comment

Is the rehab not going to do a home study of your house to help guide you guys through this process? People from my rehab came to my home with me and my family before I was discharged and made recomendations and saftely tips for what I needed to be functional. This seems neglecful on the part of the rehab to send you guys home without this, or to even give you some layouts and plans. Try talking to the OT department about this.
                          www.cawvsports.org
                          The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
                          We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Comment

my parents made this for me at their house
                            Josh S.
                            T6 complete as of 7/17/03

Comment

Every day I get on this site I hit myself over the head for not finding it sooner. This would have made everything so much easier a couple of years back. I am not going to start redoing my bathroom right now, but these ideas certainly make me want to.
                              T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Comment

They said they would come out, but I have people ready to work now so I wanted to kind of get started. Mike should be home the 18th and so we need a bit of time to complete a project like that. I think I am just going to extend the shower out, tile it all around, and have a big curtain with bars??
                                How high up should the toilet be?

Comment

Working...
                                X