My kitchen arrived!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My kitchen arrived!!!

My kitchen arrived and I'm SUPER happy! Still a couple of weeks and everything's ready and I can go and live on my own. I'm soooo excited! Wanted to share some pics of the hopefully mega-practical kitchen (better start learning to cook now)!

[This message was edited by Bke74 on 06-15-05 at 04:38 PM.]

the island

Comment

practical.... kraan

Comment

cabinet

Comment

That is AWESOME! Congratulations! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

couldn't stop smiling...

Comment

pretty nifty. enjoy! [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice pics! They have given me some good ideas. Thanks BKE.

John

"Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang
                "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Comment

wow that is sooo nice love the colors and all the windows super nice

Comment

That is an awsome kitchen set up!..Thanks for the pics like John mentioned,it gave me some ideas..

~~Somewhere between happiness and sadness,i need calculate,what creates my own madness~~

Comment

Man what a great setup(you're not bad either [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ).

Love that pic of the island, really shows off how open the whole place is. Congratulations.

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"
                      "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Wow that's cool!

"...I mean the wheelchair would be a thing in the past
                        And us quads can talk about the past and laugh"-Professirx
                        http://unite2fightparalysis.org/
                        Blog:
                        Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

great pics! some questions:

did you have to remodel?
                          or get it built like that?
                          what's the height of your counters?
                          what company did you work with?

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous! And now for the real question ... can you cook? lol
                            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

To answer Bridget's questions:
                              I'm having the house newly built, so also the kitchen is new. I went to a regular shop that makes kitchens (so not the Ikea idea where everything is pre-made)(another option was a cabinetmaker). Although it was the first time they made a kitchen for someone in a wheelchair, they had some good input (bin on wheels that goes just under the tables so you don't have to wheel around with dirt in your hands but put the bin wherever you need it [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]). I thought about the set-up a lot myself too (and had help from friends). For example the tap between the sink and the hot plate with a tap that I can hold above the pan to fill it with water so no need to wheel around with a full pan on your lap [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]. Oh and the 'pullers?' on the cabinets were chosen 'cause they are easy to use with my closed hand. The height of the counter (= table?) is 75cm: the height of a regular table, only the sink is a bit higher because of it's depth.
                              Thanks for the compliments and John, Shaun, I'm flattered it gave you some ideas!

Comment

Working...
                              X