No announcement yet.

My diary: Building a new home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for continuing this thread, good luck finishing the house, Clipper! [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"I guess pain is a great motivator."- Yanni

Comment

Attached is the latest photo of the exterior. Almost done!

Comment

Here are the latest, greatest interior pictures. First up is the platform lift. It took much longer than expected to install the lift -- they had to remove the track twice to get it positioned correctly. In this photo, the lift is in the stowed (folded) position.

Comment

The bottom of the track.

Comment

Exterior door lever. Even though I had specified levers, instead of knobs, about 30 times over the past year, knobs were initially installed. They finally got it right.

Comment

Living room, looking out onto deck. They raised the deck to eliminate the threshold.

Comment

This photo was taken in the dining room, looking through the kitchen and into the living room. The cabinetry still needs hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper:

This photo was taken in the dining room, looking through the kitchen and into the living room. The cabinetry still needs hardware.
                  Clipper, your house looks very nice, I wish I could live like that [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I only have one question, why don't you have an electic kitchen? I mean, where everything is going up and down so you can reach everything while you are sitting.

Otherwise, your house is great.

TH 12 incomplete 12-12-69. I am still a walker but I do not know for how long time.
                  TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Originally posted by woman from Europe:

I only have one question, why don't you have an electic kitchen? I mean, where everything is going up and down so you can reach everything while you are sitting.
                    I don't cook or have a desire to (I am C5/6 complete), so I really only need access to the food pantry, refrigerator, microwave, drawers and countertops. An electric kitchen wouldn't have been very useful for me. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

OK, then I understand why.

I am waiting for the electric kitchen, and I am looking foreward to it because I get crazy the way it is now. I can't even get a glass down when I am sitting and the dishes is making me crazy [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

TH 12 incomplete 12-12-69. I am still a walker but I do not know for how long time.
                      TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Clipper, awesome pics, beautiful home - congratulations!

When do you expect to move in?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Chappell:

Clipper, awesome pics, beautiful home - congratulations!When do you expect to move in?
                          Thanks Chris! We're moving the end of June. So much to do!

Comment

In that dining room into kitchen and living room shot, the house looks like it goes farther back than the exterior shot led me to believe. It was probably just the angle of the exterior shot though.

Comment

It's beautiful! Love the floors and windows. It's so nice and bright.

Alive for 34 years
                              T4/5 complete for 25 years
                              Mom for 6 years

Comment

Looks real good Clipper, love those hardwoods. Looks like a good lift setup too. I have a lift going downstairs, but it is just a chair lift and I have to transfer, I get tired of doing so many transfers just to get downstairs. I have often thought about welding a platform to the chair frame so that it will carry the whole chair down the stairs.

Its funny, that shadow in the first picture looks like the jolly green giant, lol.
                                "Life is about how you
                                respond to not only the
                                challenges you're dealt but
                                the challenges you seek...If
                                you have no goals, no
                                mountains to climb, your
                                soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Working...
                                X