Florida Real Estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post

I hear you we were born and raised in Ohio sold our condo and moved to Florida I will say it's been the best move that we've ever made and wish we would've done it sooner
    our home was new construction spec so it had just been completed when we purchased.
    when we started looking these were everywhere.

we gutted the bathroom , ramp in garage and that was about it. Most new homes here in Florida are wide open floor plan and very spacious.
    Only thing we would've done differently is we could've had them, the builder, put the pool in as part of the contract, before we moved in but we didn't want to wait so we did that a year later which ended up costing us more money.
    Sales@rollinginparadise.com

Comment

Originally posted by ricanstruction View Post
      I'm currently in New York and looking of buying a home in Tampa, Florida either to rent or stay in the wintertime. Any advice from Floridians or real estate folks? What are the desirable neighborhoods in Tampa? Right now I'm looking at Tampa Heights or somewhere outside the city. Does anyone know of reputable contractors who can renovate with accessibility in mind? Much appreciated!
      Is it possible through any insurance claim?

Comment

It’s weird but true that as a quadriplegic you have an exemption in FL. I’m a para but there is also an exemption for “permanently disabled. Unless that’s changed in the 3 yrs we’ve been here.

Comment

I'm currently in New York and looking of buying a home in Tampa, Florida either to rent or stay in the wintertime. Any advice from Floridians or real estate folks? What are the desirable neighborhoods in Tampa? Right now I'm looking at Tampa Heights or somewhere outside the city. Does anyone know of reputable contractors who can renovate with accessibility in mind? Much appreciated!
          Buying house in Tampa is a good investment because there is always demand for homes. Florida has most profitable investment markets. From living point of view, living in Florida is good step as there is no state income tax and low cost of living.
          I would like to give some advices to you.
          Find an area that feels like home as you are going to spend some time there. Try to attend an open house. Location is most prominent thing.
          Do not forget to buy home insurance. Find right at right price.
          I would suggest some desirable neighbourhoods: Hyde Park, Davis Islands, Palma Ceia West, Oldsmar etc. Tema Heights is also good to live in as it gives urban suburban mix feel

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbelson View Post

Buying house in Tampa is a good investment because there is always demand for homes. Florida has most profitable investment markets. From living point of view, living in Florida is good step as there is no state income tax and low cost of living.
            I would like to give some advices to you.
            Find an area that feels like home as you are going to spend some time there. Try to attend an open house. Location is most prominent thing.
            Do not forget to buy home insurance. Find right at right price.
            I would suggest some desirable neighbourhoods: Hyde Park, Davis Islands, Palma Ceia West, Oldsmar etc. Tema Heights is also good to live in as it gives urban suburban mix feel
            Sorry but I have to disagree with you.. Right now is not the time to be buying a house in Tampa.. especially as an investment.. My wife and I have been looking to buy in Tampa and the houses that we were looking at last year were around 400-500k now they are 700k and up. It's crazy!

Comment

• Oddity
              Oddity commented
              Editing a comment
              My sister bought near the height of the previous "bubble" in Florida. They were "upside down" for a decade in FL real estate due to the previous "bubble" popping. And that was not too long ago.

• HACKNSACK44
              HACKNSACK44 commented
              Editing a comment
              The ''bubble'' is going to pop again at some point and people that bought at these crazy prices will be in trouble..

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post

Sorry but I have to disagree with you.. Right now is not the time to be buying a house in Tampa.. especially as an investment.. My wife and I have been looking to buy in Tampa and the houses that we were looking at last year were around 400-500k now they are 700k and up. It's crazy!
            I agree 100%. Unless you want to pay some seriously inflated prices. We were very fortunate we bought our home three years ago when things were stable and comfortable. I think the market will stay up higher than it was previously but it cannot hold what it's doing right now.

I can say three years later we absolutely love living in Southwest Florida, the cost of living is super comfortable, healthcare is good and the sunshine is damn near every day. We have never felt better.
            Sales@rollinginparadise.com

Comment

We would like to see a perfect balance between the need for new housing vs no need for existing housing (people entering the country and young people growing up vs people leaving the country and old people passing away). But we don't have that balance today. Because our population is growing while older people are living longer and remaining in their existing homes longer. This adds up to a housing shortage. Increasing housing demand says prices will increase. Of course, people can only spend so much and can't afford any more. Increasing interest rates will decrease money supply, which says housing prices will decrease. This push-pull can go either way. But whichever way it goes, it's likely to be incremental. Can anyone explain a scenario where housing prices crash? It's not like in 2008 when the banks were failing because of bank scandals.

Comment

Thanks for correcting, but are you telling for downtown?

Comment

IMO the housing bubble is coming very soon. All signs are showing it. The federal reservice just started there cut back on printing money. Which will takeout lots of money in our economy. They just came out today and said a soft landing was in question and they should of started earlier.
                  Inflation is not going away. The government and MSM is lying to us.
                  Read up on the history of the inflation in the 70's. And it looks much like the same policies being done now. Looks like a hard landing is coming. IMO!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbelson View Post

Thanks for correcting, but are you telling for downtown?
                    Yes, downtown, uptown and the outskirts of Tampa.

Comment

Yes I agree we are in a housing bubble so I am in no rush to buy right now, I'm just looking and planning. I have nursing care 24/7 because of my tracheostomy and it's very hard to find nurses right now. I'm assuming there are more nurses in Florida and they're not forcing the vaccine.

Comment

Yes I agree we are in a housing bubble so I am in no rush to buy right now, I'm just looking and planning. I have nursing care 24/7 because of my tracheostomy and it's very hard to find nurses right now. I'm assuming there are more nurses in Florida and they're not forcing the vaccine.
                        from what i've seen there is a shortage of nurses and cna's in florida. lots of old farts here. i don't think there is a bubble here. i bought my place 20 years ago at what was considered a bubble and its worth over double now. the big money investors are buying whole subdivisions now. you can find somewhat reasonable places off the beaten path. not the beaches or big cities. small towns in the interior of the state.

Comment

Originally posted by baldfatdad View Post
                          i don't think there is a bubble here. i bought my place 20 years ago at what was considered a bubble and its worth over double now.
                          Was it worth double 1 year ago, 6 months ago?

Comment

I'm in Orlando with nursing care 12/7 and the agency I use has a hard time finding nurses. It's been that way since the pandemic started.

Comment

Was it worth double 1 year ago, 6 months ago?
                              i really couldn't tell you extactly. its been worth more than i paid for it for at least 10 years. of course that's not including the new roof, hvac, water heater, taxes and the outrageous cost of insurance here.

Comment

Working...
                              X