solar for home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

solar for home

who all has them i really like it me in florida my home is perfect, i got quote 29000 just for panels installed. they guy saw like light bill ave for the year. said he had never seen 1 that low 937.00 for the year . my house 1550sq but i keep heat 73 ac if i turn it on 80 i don/t use a dishwasher and i just got a dryer for clothes

jump in pls

most of the solar now is a scam. They want to put in a 60 gallon water heater and you pay a lease besides the install. You'll never make back the install charge at 29000.

Comment

Originally posted by baldfatdad View Post
      most of the solar now is a scam. They want to put in a 60 gallon water heater and you pay a lease besides the install. You'll never make back the install charge at 29000.
      why would you get a water heater from a solar company?

Comment

• Oddity
        Oddity commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe local plumbers aren't up to speed on installing or maintaining a solar hot water heating system?

If you buy the parts yourself on the internet and have a handyman install it then your total cost including parts, labor, and permits should be around $5K. My bill is much higher than yours ($2.5K per year) so I had to go for a larger install. It cost $7.5K. Payback period is 3 years. I'll recover the cost this year. Next year and onward my electricity is practically free. My system is perfectly sized so at the end of the year I settle the score with the electric company for about $200.

Comment

Originally posted by August West View Post
        If you buy the parts yourself on the internet and have a handyman install it then your total cost including parts, labor, and permits should be around $5K. My bill is much higher than yours ($2.5K per year) so I had to go for a larger install. It cost $7.5K. Payback period is 3 years. I'll recover the cost this year. Next year and onward my electricity is practically free. My system is perfectly sized so at the end of the year I settle the score with the electric company for about $200.
        sir

you talking about the solar panels ? as that would be totally done great idea i would not even pay $$5 29k that was nuts.

since you been down that road sun pro panel are really good and lg what is ur system please share

Comment

I believe I have sixteen 250W LG panels. Each panel has an optimizer, which is a small transducer that coverts photovoltaic energy to DC current. All 16 optimizers are connected in series to an inverter on the side of the house. I believe mine is SolarEdge SE6000. The inverter converts DC current to AC current and feeds that current to the electrical panel box from which your house draws power.

Pretty simple concept. The electric part is super easy. Because it's modular plug and play. The mechanical part requires attention to design detail. You have to be sure the roof can handle the weight, which requires a civil engineering evaluation. You also have to be sure that the mounts for the panel brackets are installed properly so that the roof doesn't leak. Not complicated. Just has to be done right.

Comment

Originally posted by August West View Post
            I believe I have sixteen 250W LG panels. Each panel has an optimizer, which is a small transducer that coverts photovoltaic energy to DC current. All 16 optimizers are connected in series to an inverter on the side of the house. I believe mine is SolarEdge SE6000. The inverter converts DC current to AC current and feeds that current to the electrical panel box from which your house draws power.

Pretty simple concept. The electric part is super easy. Because it's modular plug and play. The mechanical part requires attention to design detail. You have to be sure the roof can handle the weight, which requires a civil engineering evaluation. You also have to be sure that the mounts for the panel brackets are installed properly so that the roof doesn't leak. Not complicated. Just has to be done right.
            tks i i appreciate my roof is strong enough i am literaly on the gulf coast 40 feet from ocean. i am talking to justin will show him this thank you

Comment

Why not get more than you need/use? You'll be getting back from the power company for it and as your cells age and loose efficiency, it will cover your needs longer. I'd think the once you're doing an install, the labor for adding more panels and connecting would be negligible.
              69yo male T12 complete since 1995
              NW NJ

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
                Why not get more than you need/use? You'll be getting back from the power company for it and as your cells age and loose efficiency, it will cover your needs longer. I'd think the once you're doing an install, the labor for adding more panels and connecting would be negligible.
                Not in Alabama. The PSC (Public Service Comission) charges us a fee per KWH per month your panels are capable of producing at max level. Per month, rain or shine. What you sell back to power company does not off set this fee. Deep red state of course.
                Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
                Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
                  hre in fl we get back 1.1 which is really great i really want solar but with august idea i could afford it as man less 1000.00 a year power bill is really good

Comment

well florida is mainly republican so don/t blame that you just got a crappy psc

Comment

Working...
                    X