Laminate flooring in an apartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laminate flooring in an apartment

I’ve been at my current apartment complex for 4 years. While the living room and main areas are laminate flooring, the bedrooms are carpet. Due to wear and tear brought on by chair use, I am hoping to ask the complex if they would consider replacing the carpet with laminate. I would think long term there would be cost savings. Any other selling points to convince them?

Since it is also easier to push your chair on a hard surface than on carpet, I would also consider this a reasonable accommodation, but the landlord can make you pay for it; and even require you to put carpet back in place when you move out. It's worth a try though.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
    X