Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you find help for small jobs around the house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope I'm not out of bounds for coming back to post from time to time on some more general topics.

Since GJ passed just recently, friends and acquaintances have reminded me, NL it is okay to ask for help and you don't have to do it all. I haven't checked out these suggestions for myself. The daughter of a friend said the family found Task Rabbit invaluable for finding help with a wide range of odd jobs, when her mother passed away. There is probably more availability in metropolitan areas of the country. Another suggestion was searching for or posting what you are looking for on Nextdoor, a neighbor to neighbor social media website.
    Last edited by gjnl; 08-17-2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

NL, I hope you continue to be a part of our CareCure Community. You are family.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post

(KLD)
        can I third that you are aweome

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
          Hope I'm not out of bounds for coming back to post from time to time on some more general topics.

Since GJ passed just recently, friends and acquaintances have reminded me, NL it is okay to ask for help and you don't have to do it all. I haven't checked out these suggestion for myself. The daughter of a friend said the family found Task Rabbit invaluable for finding help with a wide range of odd jobs, when her mother passed away. There is probably more availability in metropolitan areas of the country. Another suggestion was searching for or posting what you are looking for on Nextdoor, a neighbor to neighbor social media website.
          That's a great resource, thank you for positing it.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post

(KLD)
            Ditto, NL. Please stay with us.

Comment

I train my caregiver for most

Comment

Originally posted by August West View Post
                A contractor is appropriate for large jobs like a remodel. They'll charge thousands for the job and that's fine. A handyman is appropriate for medium size jobs like installing a ramp. They may charge $300 - $800 per day depending on the situation. That's fine too. After all, it's just once in a while.

But what about small jobs around the house on an ongoing basis like moving stuff, organizing, cleaning, and just upkeep in general? We'd go broke paying such handyman prices on a daily basis (few times a month). What do people do for that level of help?
                We use Craigslist and Offer Up for house cleaning, yard service even handy man service. Check around and ask for referrals from friends to.

Comment

To keep up with the small job, I ask for near relatives or friends help. Hiring a contractor for such job will be over pricing. So, near relatives or friends are your best option.

Comment

Working...
                  X