Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What color floors? On opposite sides with my fiancee. Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crashbang View Post
    Maybe you could both like a pickled or bleached finished wood floor...it's light in color but also has that driftwood effect that your fianc? likes. Here's an example, but there are many other possibilities: https://www.lumberliquidators.com/ll...AS5NV/10038343
    I think you're right that the fad for gray driftwood finishes is on the way out. Since you're at home more and are looking at the floors much more than she will,
    don't choose anything you're going to dislike. One benefit of the mottled pickled finish is that it doesn't show dirt as quickly as a light wood gloss finish floor does.
    I actually like that one you linked to. It has a warmer/brighter feel to me... more what I consider neutral than the grays she's pointed out to me so far that have been really gray. Thanks for that link & suggestion.

Comment

It's still gray. I guess it's not that bad after all.

Comment

Originally posted by August West View Post
        It's still gray. I guess it's not that bad after all.
        It is... but it's so light it feels warmer to me... the first pic with the furniture feels 'bright'.... something like that I could potentially go with. The colours my fiance pointed out thusfar have been really dark gray... even the lightest she showed me was more flat dull slate in color... just felt 'cold'.... for me it's really about that bright/warm/light feel.... I can compromise a bit on warm if it's bright.

Comment

I heartily endorse tiles!
          And I love the light colored flooring we have which is from Locally harvested
          Tulip poplar.
          (Our house is sheaved with it, and the aquarium base and stair planks are also the same)

Here is more of the lake flooring in my wife?s yoga room ( which really gives her ownership of the space !)

When we married, we both owned our homes. I intuited that we had to have an "our" house. We searched in vain and I moved in with Julie.
          A year later this roughly converted barn popped up and we got it!
          Our mutual vision informed this space and it is marvelous.
          I can't think of living anywhere else----at least now.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by pfcs49; 05-14-2019, 03:24 PM.
          69yo male T12 complete since 1995
          NW NJ

Comment

Gorgeous floors, pfcs49. I love the way you've transitioned between wood and tile.
            MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
              I heartily endorse tiles!
              And I love the light colored flooring we have which is from Locally harvested
              Tulip poplar.
              (Our house is sheaved with it, and the aquarium base and stair planks are also the same)

Here is more of the lake flooring in my wife?s yoga room ( which really gives her ownership of the space !)

When we married, we both owned our homes. I intuited that we had to have an "our" house. We searched in vain and I moved in with Julie.
              A year later this roughly converted barn popped up and we got it!
              Our mutual vision informed this space and it is marvelous.
              I can't think of living anywhere else----at least now.
              That's a big aquarium! Thx for the pics. Like the wood. Hoping to find that mix.

Comment

I don't think you'll find it anywhere but the local sawmill, if it's endemic.

PS: sawmill is CHEAP!
                69yo male T12 complete since 1995
                NW NJ

Comment

Happy to report that my fiancee and I have come to an agreement on a flooring for the house. Going with vinyl planking on the upper and main floor for the durability and consistency and low maintenance. I found the following color, sand maple, at a local store and was surprised that she actually liked it.... I think because it is beige, gray, brown, Without a yellow look to it ... but it still feels warm/bright to me. The compromise was that if I get to pick that colour she gets to do the kitchen cabinets in the darkest colour from that flooring which is like a chocolate brown. Which I think is OK with me and a fair compromise. So now we just have to finish arguing about the exterior brick LOL

https://kennedyfloorings.com/product.../natural-wood/

Comment

It's beautiful, and will look great with any color in the room. Nice solution.
                    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Working...
                    X