No announcement yet.

Anyone convert a Seated Stair lift to a platform stair lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here and I haven't sorted out posting pictures yet, but if you are interested, let me know and I'll figure it out.
    https://www.carecure.net/forum/showt...-Where-to-post

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeinbmore View Post
      This sounds great. I'm trying to picture it, but would love if you could figure out posting pics. Or shoot them to me directly.

The first picture is the lift in the parked position from the basement.

Next is the view from the top of the stairs with the lift up.

Detail of the 2" angle Iron rails and the Mounting brackets. All of the steel was from Horne Steel In Geneva, IL. They cut everything to length for me including the mounting brackets.

The "circuit board" has 6 solenoids wired up to allow the winch circuit to remain energized as it moves up or down until it hits the limit switches.

the hinged plywood board on the front activates the "down" limit switch and also has three copper strips mounted on it that function as contacts for the 12v charger and the "call button (doorbell button mounted to the upstairs door frame.
      Attached Files

Comment

And, of course, the pictures are in reverse order.

Here are more:
        Attached Files

Comment

So Howjeff, you'd be welcome visit my home anytime and make suggestions.
          I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Thank you for the detailed pics and explanation. Seems straight forward enough. I'm already thinking of a couple of ways to improve it.
            How long have you been using yours and has there ever been a failure?
            Standing up for our rights, one offender at a time!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH59mpTo5x8

Follow me on instagram: mikeinbmore

Comment

Working...
            X