What is assisted living like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is assisted living like

What are assisted living centers like? Are they nice. Does anyone here, live in one? It's been 10 and a half years since my injury (I am a c5 quad) and I've been living with my mom the entire time. I really want to live on my own, but I just don't have the finances or ability to do that. So I was considering assisted living. Another reason that I was considering this is because I really want to move to California, and I thought finding an assisted living center would be a way to make the move.
    I was injured 2 weeks after my 16th birthday on June 14th, 2004. My level of injury is C5 complete, but I can move my wrist.

My screen name comes from the movie The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

There's a web site: www.APlaceForMom.com It has info on assisted living places thruout the US. I found my apartment here in Iowa using them.

The facility I live in is a combination independent/assisted/Alzheimer's options. I'm in the independent plan...but...my meals are provided, housekeeping, and on call caregivers should I need them. There's a nurse on call 24/7. Overall, I'm satisfied. The staff is friendly, competent, and responsive.

Comment

Thanks! What are the cost for you?
      I was injured 2 weeks after my 16th birthday on June 14th, 2004. My level of injury is C5 complete, but I can move my wrist.

My screen name comes from the movie The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Comment

Basic rent is $2350 / month. Meals delivered to my apt adds another $200. I also pay for cable. Occasional care attendant runs $15 per visit.

Comment

Working...
        X