New bathroom with trench drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bathroom with trench drain

My talented husband just finished tiling all 1100 feet of our main floor - including remodeling our bathroom. It is a full wet room with a trench drain near the door. Also put in a thermostatic shower tower which is fantastic.
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Beautiful. I like how you are there with windex and paper towels to clean a brand new bathroom, lol.
    Hubby deserves a pat on the back, job well done!

Comment

He did a beautiful job. Could you tell me the type and brand of floor tile and shower tower? We are planning a remodel and I really like how this looks.

Comment

It is beautiful - perhaps a dumb question - but why not do the ceiling as well?
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
          Beautiful. I like how you are there with windex and paper towels to clean a brand new bathroom, lol.
          Hubby deserves a pat on the back, job well done!
          LOL - it has been in use in a semi-finished state for a bit....
          Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonko's Mom View Post
            He did a beautiful job. Could you tell me the type and brand of floor tile and shower tower? We are planning a remodel and I really like how this looks.
            The floor tile is http://www.anatoliatile.com/bengal_porcelain.html We like how there is such a variety of patterns and some texture so it looks like real slate but is just porcelain so easy to maintain.

The shower tower is a store brand from Rona which I think is just a Canadian store, and seems to have been discontinued...there is a similar one at Costco though, http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...US&Sp=C&topnav= and Home Depot too.

Comment

The TP needs to be changed.... ;-)
              Nice job though!!

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                It is beautiful - perhaps a dumb question - but why not do the ceiling as well?
                Outta money....we actually want to do a metallic, tin type ceiling when we can afford it!

Comment

Somebody loves you very much Emi and I think it's your husband. Showed this to my wife as we are thginking on doing the same thing. Congrats!

Comment

VERY NICE Emi.
                    BIL did something similar before we moved in and has worked out so well.
                    Your hubby did a great job.

Comment

That great , I would like something like that so I could just get the waterhose out to clean the whole thing..
                      I hate cleaning my bathroom because its odd shape and tough to get around but your husband did a beutiful job on that room..
                      Gary
                      T-10 ,,1980,,

Comment

We use this both on our porcelin but can't tell it from stone tiles and the glass doors we had installed. It sticks on the shower doors or you could probably stick it to your mirror near the bottom. We have a water softner that came with each condo here but this after each shower or both of ours sure keeps the soap streaks from ever forming and is great on the glass doors. And so much cheaper and easier than washing clothes or going through extra paper towels. And I'm still jealous you were able to install the trench drain! http://www.oxo.com/p-326-household-squeegee.aspx
                        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Nice bathroom. The tile work is beautiful!
                          A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

Comment

Love it... beautiful and functional - priceless! Can't wait to show my husband.

Great work you two!!!

Enjoy!
                            T
                            Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
                            — Marianne Williamson

Comment

Looks very nice! I hope he installed some type of fan in there to suck moisture out of the room and vent it outside to prevent a mold problem.
                              Hey...have any Italian in ya??? Want some??

Comment

Working...
                              X