Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living Alone

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by november View Post
    I've had an employee follow me out saying you can't take that basket outside of the store! Stealing baskets is serious business I guess, now they put the security clips on the baskets too so if you leave the doors with one the alarm will go off.

    Never made it home with one anyway...and honestly don't know if I would want one. I'm weird about germs and the idea of a Safeway or Walmart basket at my house grosses me out even if I sanitized it.

    Eileen those are pretty baskets. Wish they had more designs to pick from.
    I guess I should have posted this link. Same company, but it shows the choices for the market baskets with lots of colors to pick from.

    http://www.reuseit.com/store/bags-to...c-238_241.html

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by t8burst View Post
      A kindred spirit! I hate touching those things. The germ ridden sub humans that inhabit the aisles of walmart creep me out. I wish I could go in there with a hazmat suit on.
      Sometimes just looking at the store baskets gives me a serious case of the willies. God only knows what crud is encrusted in those corners.......

      Comment


        #48
        geesh! lol! i am much simpler than you guys! i use a thick bath towel on my lap and as for baskets...the plastic toy bin kind i bought for kid when he was 3 are good!

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by Eileen View Post
          Sometimes just looking at the store baskets gives me a serious case of the willies. God only knows what crud is encrusted in those corners.......
          I wonder if people would think I was strange if I got one of those paper ass-gaskets from the bathroom and put to down on my lap under the basket

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by t8burst View Post
            A kindred spirit! I hate touching those things. The germ ridden sub humans that inhabit the aisles of walmart creep me out. I wish I could go in there with a hazmat suit on.
            Yep, I feel dirty after just entering some stores and want to shower. And bathrooms are even worse. I can't remember the last time I used a public bathroom. I just use my vehicle or find a hidden spot outdoors to cath.

            Eileen I did see those, I'm just picky.
            http://www.reuseit.com/store/reisent...a1294pmho80su7
            This is my fave though. Will probably order it soon!
            Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by cass View Post
              geesh! lol! i am much simpler than you guys! i use a thick bath towel on my lap and as for baskets...the plastic toy bin kind i bought for kid when he was 3 are good!
              There are a lot of simple ways to haul groceries or supplies, but I love me a pretty purse or bag. So why not get one you enjoy and that reflects your style?
              Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

              Comment


                #52
                You have to admit that those store baskets hold A LOT. Seems like I can get 3 paper bags of stuff in one of those. One of the local big name grocery stores that I have gone to for years must have started using a new basket. A few weeks ago I filled the basket to full and when I emptied the basket I had a nasty deep purple indention in my leg where the bottom of the basket dug into it (I was wearing shorts). The weight seemed to be about the same as I've done before and I usually wear shorts. I've had a slight indentation but nothing like this. I thought to myself I need to watch this next time. Well next time I only had a few items and forgot about the deep idention and it happened again. I have been to another store since with no issues with their baskets. I'll have to make certain I have something under those baskets when I go back to that store again.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by november View Post
                  There are a lot of simple ways to haul groceries or supplies, but I love me a pretty purse or bag. So why not get one you enjoy and that reflects your style?
                  what? my kid's bright red, yellow or blue toy bin baskets aren't stylish? ok, i admit it, i have numerous canvas bags from all my travels...heh heh, but they are harder to tote around (pun intended )

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X