No announcement yet.

wanting to move to Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question for you...i'm trying to move to florida myself...........same problem i live in upstate ny, my problem is im finding it hard to find home health care that will except any insurances......any advise?

Comment

After skimming this thread I have the following to contribute:

Here in the Keys, the weather is pretty temperate. I love the summers and find them less hot and humid than Northern summers. I think that is true of many places blessed with ocean breezes. I imagine that it's different inland.

As Bob has already stated, the warmth and flat topography is a boon to wheelers.

You're more likely to be troubled by bores than boars in most regions.

Florida is a big state and varies quite a bit depending on which part of the state you choose.

I would strongly suggest that you rent before buying. Not only will you get to know if you like the area you select, but you are more likely to get good value by becoming familiar with the local market before making a purchase.
      Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Looking to move to ocala, fl....home health care?

hi my name is mike watson i currently live in upstate ny and was looking to relocate to ocala,fl. problem i found when i was looking for a house was attendant care. i couldn't find any agenciesthat would except many insurances if any. can any one help with directing me to right location or what to do?

thanks
        mike

Comment

Originally posted by bob clark View Post
          Hi Tim,
          quads aren't required to pay property taxes.
          Bob.
          now thats another plus
          John-B

Comment

i to live in sunny south fl, and i too agree with eric , i hired a private individual to assist me with my direct needs for assistance...ie bowel+shower ..... i live in west palm beach an have an open floor plan home that needed minimal conversion ..... also the tax break for quads on property taxes is great .... saves my 8k a year .... http://www.pbcgov.com/papa/Exemption.htm ......Total Exemption
            Civilian quadriplegics and honorably discharged veterans who are totally and permanently disabled are exempt from ad valorem taxation. You will need to submit a Physician's Certification form.

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Old View Post
              You're more likely to be troubled by bores than boars in most regions.
              So absolutely true!
              "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by GJ2 View Post
                i to live in sunny south fl, and i too agree with eric , i hired a private individual to assist me with my direct needs for assistance...ie bowel+shower ..... i live in west palm beach an have an open floor plan home that needed minimal conversion ..... also the tax break for quads on property taxes is great .... saves my 8k a year .... http://www.pbcgov.com/papa/Exemption.htm ......Total Exemption
                Civilian quadriplegics and honorably discharged veterans who are totally and permanently disabled are exempt from ad valorem taxation. You will need to submit a Physician's Certification form.
                GJ2... where did you find your caregiver? Was it a website, or did you put an ad out, and how did you go about it? I most likely will do the same or higher a women, but have never done either and really don't know how to do it.

Could you pm me your number and maybe we can talk and you could give me some advice? That would be very helpful. Hopefully we can talk soon.

Comment

Grant you punk!! jk funny me and Grant are friends down here. larsen i will PM you my info. Hope you didnt come down here already.

Comment

Working...
                  X