No announcement yet.

Doorway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone! My parents own the place. We do not want to do any MAJOR reonvations because the plan is to move to a bungalow within a reasonable amount of time and OT is just trying to make it work for now because I really need to get off my knees/shoulders.

Comment

the doorway to my bedroom is at the end of the hallway and it was too small to go through in wheelchair. i just removed the door and frame as suggested earlier. it couldn't be widened because it is a load bearing wall. load bearing walls would need to be supported to have work done on those areas and then reinforced if any work is done to the load bearing wall, this can be pricey if a contactor will even do it. none would even do mine. also, you cannot put a pocket door in a load bearing wall

Comment

Thanks JChism. I think we will try just removing the frame first

WG

Comment

Well... OT just left.. Looks as though doorway can and will be widened.

WG

Comment

Originally posted by wheeliegirl2010 View Post
            Well... OT just left.. Looks as though doorway can and will be widened.

WG
            great news!
            Chas
            TiLite TR3
            Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
            I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
            <
            UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Working...
            X