http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdHkT...layer_embedded

Love it!

Comment

geterdone!

Comment

Originally posted by Them Bones View Post
        Love it!
        x2.

I've always wanted to rig up some kind of platform using climbing gear & skip on the 5-figure elevator costs... never thought to use counterweights though.

good find.

Comment

That's slick, and you never have to worry about power failures.

Comment

I just had an awful (awful funny) thought. I have a friend in that's weighs a good 150 + more than me. Hope he doesn't get on the lift without warning.
            Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Comment

Very elegant and simple. I always wished there was also a lift not electrically powered to get in a minivan, like you just need to help yourself up a bit and the rest of the work would be done by some well adjusted gas springs.
              Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Comment

awesome
                Bike-on.com rep
                John@bike-on.com
                c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Clever thinking

Comment

Very nice!!!

To make it so you would not need to "pull" yourself up, there could be a water 'assist'. turn the valve to add water/weight, turn it again to loose water/weight.
                    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

Here's another cool elevator product. http://www.decklift.com/
                      It's not as cool as the guy in England's that I posted first but it's easy to see how it works. I'm going to make something along the same lines to replace the stairs to my basement.

Comment

Originally posted by skippopotamus View Post
                        Here's another cool elevator product. http://www.decklift.com/
                        It's not as cool as the guy in England's that I posted first but it's easy to see how it works. I'm going to make something along the same lines to replace the stairs to my basement.

Not bad. Though I think the green house/door setup on the second page of the brochure is looking for trouble.
                        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

Very nice!
                          My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Comment

here it is

Comment

I like that counterweight design. And adjusting with water ballast is cleaver too.

Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X