Check out this guy's elevator!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kurtsang View Post
    You could probably build a counter weight lift like brod hart's system using this guys garage attic lift if you can figure out how to lock the lift on the tracks. Take out the cable hoist and add weights if you desire to do it that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjlZHgo2w-Q
    Very nice deal! Pretty easily fabricated. I like the tracks and rollers. I hadn't seen them before or I would have used them here.
    ( I mounted this filter on garage door tracks because it needed to be closer to the surface of the water of the tank above it but I need to be able to get it down so I could service it; the other filter is on wheels and rolls out of the way)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pfcs49; 21 Sep 2018, 2:00 PM.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Comment

and while on the subject of elevators, here's mine if you haven't seen it:
      Attached Files
      NW NJ

Comment

That looks sweet.

Did you design and build that?
        Is it manual?
        all by counterweight ?

Comment

Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
          That looks sweet.

Did you design and build that?
          Is it manual?
          all by counterweight ?
          No. I picked it up disassembled from an elevator company that replaced it with modern stuff. It's counterweighted with a simple but very clever locking coupling that stop it as soon as weight come out of the cab.
          It was early 20th century, made in Poughkeepsie, NY. FDR's mansion just up the road has a near identical unit. They were called invalid lifts.
          It's pretty and pretty fast. Perfect for my 3 stories. Paid $1200 for it (+ my carpenter installed it. He had to fabricate the darker "derrick" part of 6x6s
          It's rope pull; the counterweights are on the left, on the two down-cables.
          NW NJ

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
            and while on the subject of elevators, here's mine if you haven't seen it:
            I think there are many of us who will forever be envious of your clever little contraption, pfcs

Comment

That is so cool for such a great price
              and so works with your space.
              They certainly knew how to do things back in the day.

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
              No. I picked it up disassembled from an elevator company that replaced it with modern stuff. It's counterweighted with a simple but very clever locking coupling that stop it as soon as weight come out of the cab.
              It was early 20th century, made in Poughkeepsie, NY. FDR's mansion just up the road has a near identical unit. They were called invalid lifts.
              It's pretty and pretty fast. Perfect for my 3 stories. Paid $1200 for it (+ my carpenter installed it. He had to fabricate the darker "derrick" part of 6x6s
              It's rope pull; the counterweights are on the left, on the two down-cables.

Comment

Working...
              X