No announcement yet.

Toilet bowl condensation fix needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Googling "Toilet Condensation" brings up dozens of sites with ideas. This one is just an example of what you will find.
    http://www.renovation-headquarters.c...t-sweating.htm

GJ

Comment

I know at least with my house there is a hot water line tied in to all the toilets to keep this very thing from happening. I was told by a plumber its very common to do this.
      "Life is about how you
      respond to not only the
      challenges you're dealt but
      the challenges you seek...If
      you have no goals, no
      mountains to climb, your
      soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

I'm wondering if it could simply be a lack of caulk or a slice of insulation <under> the bowl (picking up the coldness from the floor or subfloor)?

Comment

If you simply don't use your toilet then the water in the tank will always be at room temperature.

Problem solved.

Comment

Will a de-humidifier help with moisture all over the house or do I have to buy one for every room? My house back in NC sits under a big tree and thus alot of moisture gathers. I am replacing the carpet and have some mold down below where the dirt crawl space is.

Will a dehumidifier help keep my carpets/everything else from staying moist upstairs?

Yep I am a dumb female.... However I am getting ready to move back there since I own the house and no payments....
            T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

You should be able to buy an insulated tank for your toilet, trying to insulate one you have will only work if you manage to get a complete and total seal between the insualtion and the tank. Insulated tank should cost about $70.00- if not available for your toilet, may have to buy complete new toilet/tank.
              In God we trust, all others must prove themselves.

Comment

Condensation...

The easiest way it to increase the ventelation in the room. Simple solution is to run a fan even a small one and have it directed at the toilet.
                "Kansas"
                lindsey_angell@yahoo.com

Comment

If you have this problem in more then one room you may want to find an old water heater less the electric and use it as a tempering tank. Have the main water supply feed into this first and this will stop condensation. We did this for years with well systems.

Comment

Working...
                  X