Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have this Delta product, very good.

Comment

Thanks for the mention of the batteries. I figured if it worked on a touch system it requires a charge of some sort and I wondered if it needs to be wired in or work on a battery. Wonder what happens when the power goes out. I'm going to have to go look at it.
      My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium4motion View Post
        Just by looking at them they are not ADA compliant.
        If you need no finger control to operate something, how is it not ADA compliant??

Most 'ada' sinks/faucets are hard for me to get under and use. This would be easy to operate.

Isn't the purpose of the ADA for Public / Commercial facilities and services .....
        Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

Comment

Know the ADA.

Originally posted by Big Tuna View Post
          If you need no finger control to operate something, how is it not ADA compliant??

Most 'ada' sinks/faucets are hard for me to get under and use. This would be easy to operate.

Isn't the purpose of the ADA for Public / Commercial facilities and services .....
          For the ignorant and uneducated above and to answer your questions, the ADA has guidelines to follow.

Do you have a copy of the ADA?

Have you read the ADA?

Do you have any idea what the complete ADA covers? The titles?

Just by looking at the faucet it is too tall. I know what the height is suppose to be but look it up in the attached ADAAG.pdf and find out. There are other factors you have to put into place like the mirror in front of the sink? How far from the floor must it be to the reflective surface? Add these together and you should have an idea how tall the spout should be. Many major faucet companies say their products meets "ADA" but when you call them up ask them. Only on off controls are the only part ADA compliant. Not the whole faucet. So watch out what kind you spend your dollars on!

The American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accessibility Guideline for Buildings and Facilities by the U.S. Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board (Acesss Board) has the technical requirements for accessibility to buildings and facilities during the design, construction and alteration covered by titles II and III of the ADA. These standards can be used as a guideline for homes too. What is an architect going to use to design a home for you? Believe the information is accurate. It is used by Federal agencies, including the Department of Justice and the Department of Transportation, under the ADA.

The manual has provisions for adults and children. There is a complete section on bathrooms, water closets, toilet stalls, urinals, lavatories and mirrors, bathtubs, shower stalls, toilet rooms, bathing facilities and shower rooms, sinks, storage and grab bars.

If most ADA sinks are too hard for you to use you must fit outside the curve for average.

The ADA for public and commercial facilities? Yes! The guidelines can apply to home use too. If you were going to remodel your bathroom into a roll-in shower or shower room what are you going to use as standards?

And there more!
          http://www.access-board.gov/

再见 zài jiàn
          titanium4motion
          Copyrights:
          The American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accessibility Guideline for Buildings and Facilities by the U.S. Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board (Acesss Board)
          "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

They look nice but are they ADA compliant?

What parts are ADA compliant? Just the knobs or handle? What about the spout?

If those are for the bathroom? Just by looking at them they are not ADA compliant.

Interesting fact. Faucet companies only make the knobs compliant nothing else. The spout will obstruct the mirror according to ADA standards.

titanium4motion
            Is that why it is impossible to just wash your hair in hotels? What moron came up with that reg as the mirrors are too far away to even see for make up application...if they are low enough.
            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

I still think that's a very cool faucet to have in a kitchen (especially when you have hands covered in goo from breading something for frying!!). If there are concerns about accessiblity, take those concerns into consideration when planning out how to replace one's faucet and what to replace it with!

Comment

For the ignorant and uneducated
                Redundant, redundant?

Yes.

Have you read the ADA?
                Yes.

Do you have any idea what the complete ADA covers?
                Yes.

If you were going to remodel your bathroom into a roll-in shower or shower room what are you going to use as standards?
                My own dimensions, needs and desires. I've found that much of what meets ADA is not optimal for me.

BTW, why are you so snarky about this?

C.

Comment

For the ignorant and uneducated above and to answer your questions, the ADA has guidelines to follow.

Have you read the ADA?

WOW all I meant was that this paticular faucet would work really well DESPITE the fact that it is not labeled as 'accessible' by the government

Uneducated?? I have a BS degree in Civil Engineering

I have a copy of it, BUT it is too broad to be used as the ONLY source for designing a house - a house should/needs to be designed to the user!
                  Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

Comment

The supprise ........INSIDE!

I was watching a Do It Yourself channel when I saw an advertisement for the Delta Faucet. I never knew it had a head extension on it! OH the ease of filling up a big pot ON THE STOVE and not lugging the heavy pot across the kitchen!

I think I know what I want for CHRISTMAS

Comment

Working...
                    X