Well, maybe I won't be building a house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
    put everything in your contract, mine had an additional 10 pages in addendums..
    You are such a blow hard 10 pages the whole contract is 10 pages I swear you just like to hear yourself talk. What could you possibly put in writing taking up 10 additional pages?
    Originally posted by fuentejps
    injecting is way better for your body. but imo opinion its the only safe way

Comment

Originally posted by Doorman View Post
      You are such a blow hard 10 pages the whole contract is 10 pages I swear you just like to hear yourself talk. What could you possibly put in writing taking up 10 additional pages?
      You obviously have no idea what's involved in building a house.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Pruett View Post
        No doubt. When lawyers are involed, you know the amounts of documentation are going to be vast. My cardboard box file cabinet can tell you.

Comment

Last edited by fuentejps; 11 Mar 2009, 1:02 PM.
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com
          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
          sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

i knows i just chuckled when i read it. shit i could and should have had another 5 pages as well.....

being on the loan side i know that if everything isnt signed by EVERYONE it means literally nothing.

i even went a step further, i drew up my on purch contract then had our company attorney review it, i made sure every angle was covered. ex= if i wouldnt of had all 5 sigs on the blueprint for the bathroom i would have eaten the tear up, repour and moving the toilet stack. that was a big screw up.
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com

Comment

Shit, Fuente,

Can I hire you to come down to Warren County and beat these guys up for me?

I already have an expert willing to do the weekly checkup, but no one for the setup.

i knows i just chuckled when i read it. shit i could and should have had another 5 pages as well.....

being on the loan side i know that if everything isnt signed by EVERYONE it means literally nothing.

i even went a step further, i drew up my on purch contract then had our company attorney review it, i made sure every angle was covered. ex= if i wouldnt of had all 5 sigs on the blueprint for the bathroom i would have eaten the tear up, repour and moving the toilet stack. that was a big screw up.
              And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Originally posted by nodecafplz View Post
                shit, fuente,

can i hire you to come down to warren county and beat these guys up for me?

I already have an expert willing to do the weekly checkup, but no one for the setup.
                ill help anyway i can decaf, short of living on site. Write everything in the contract and have insp at every juncture i mean every single one.
                Bike-on.com rep
                John@bike-on.com

Comment

I think you should shop a bit. In this market, he should be kissing your bootay. When you find the builder that is smart enough to do so, STILL stay up his ass!

My dad built a high end, totally custom home. Not in a development. Had his own architect. This was before anyone in the family was sick or paralyzed, but Dad was 63 and he and my stepmom were real cognizant of the fact that this would be their last home. Doorways are wide, it was built with an inconspicuous ramp to the front door. Dad and Bev lived 1/4 mi, up the road for a year, while it was being built. My brother worked on the project. Every move was supervised. If you knew my stepmom, you'd know Dave the Hot Builder had her high-pitched voice in his dreams. She is a VERY persistent, exacting woman. She wanted that very expensive house to be 100% wheelchair friendly (basement not included.) Dad had his own demands...the basement is built of concrete reinforced w/ rebar. It has an outside exit, in case a tornado knocks the stone house w/ the steel roof down on top of them.

That house is BEYOND custom built.

And I'll be damned if it isn't 3 steps down to get into the garage!

She's still mad, but it's not something that can be fixed. It was a glitch. She turned her back, lost focus for a sec.

What I'm saying here is, when you find the right builder, DON'T TURN YOUR BACK!

If you're already having trouble with this guy, in this market, with cash in hand, getting your house built to your specs will be a nightmare.
                  Blog:
                  Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

I have been in the construction business for many years and built spec homes as well as customs homes, the first thing I will say if you drive a builder nuts he is going to tell you to take a hike, you can not call a person every second or expect him to answer every stupid question you have that why there is realtors. The markets sucks right now but nobody wants to go insane to make a dollar.

You can make changes if you are building a custom home, if you are taking a spec home and trying to make it a custom home, it is going to be more difficult I am not saying it cannot be done but you are going to have to find someone willing to work with you.And it is going to cost you subcontractors don't work for free.

I used to let my customers in after the frame was up, to do a walk thru and make any changes, then right before sheet rock, then one final time for a punch list THAT'S IT.

Last but not least if a customer came to me with 10 pages worth of changes in a condo project built on a slab( 2-3 bedroom), I would have told him to go shit in his hat and pull it down over his head.
                    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

Comment

Originally posted by rcechser View Post
                      I have been in the construction business for many years and built spec homes as well as customs homes, the first thing I will say if you drive a builder nuts he is going to tell you to take a hike, you can not call a person every second or expect him to answer every stupid question you have that why there is realtors. The markets sucks right now but nobody wants to go insane to make a dollar.

You can make changes if you are building a custom home, if you are taking a spec home and trying to make it a custom home, it is going to be more difficult I am not saying it cannot be done but you are going to have to find someone willing to work with you.And it is going to cost you subcontractors don't work for free.

I used to let my customers in after the frame was up, to do a walk thru and make any changes, then right before sheet rock, then one final time for a punch list THAT'S IT.

Last but not least if a customer came to me with 10 pages worth of changes in a condo project built on a slab( 2-3 bedroom), I would have told him to go shit in his hat and pull it down over his head.
                      wow. really?

if i hired you w/ six-figures on the line and specific needs, you better answer my questions and not pass the responsibility to a realtor... especially if you were under contract. if you pulled that kind of BS with me (again, under contract), not only would you be fired, but an attorney would be contacting you.

joe, shop around and find a builder who isn't a dick. with the economy like it is, there's bound to be someone decent out there who needs work.

Comment

Originally posted by betheny View Post
                        I think you should shop a bit. In this market, he should be kissing your bootay. When you find the builder that is smart enough to do so, STILL stay up his ass!
                        yup yup. any credible builder will do whatever you want....especially now.

hardest part will be hammering out the addendum , which will be lengthy.....

STAY UP THEIR ASS, BE TENACIOUS, AS I said be sure, way more walkthroughs are in your contract.

fyi- that 110k will prob end up being higher. they will charge for everything.

they work for you, your the boss w/ the final say.

CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL.
                        Bike-on.com rep
                        John@bike-on.com

Comment

wow. really?

if i hired you w/ six-figures on the line and specific needs, you better answer my questions and not pass the responsibility to a realtor... especially if you were under contract. if you pulled that kind of BS with me (again, under contract), not only would you be fired, but an attorney would be contacting you.

joe, shop around and find a builder who isn't a dick. with the economy like it is, there's bound to be someone decent out there who needs work.
                          Most homeowners suck and with your attitude you can see why I have my attitude. And that is why there is a REALTOR he is the middle man that is there job.

Comment

most homeowners suck and with your attitude you can see why i have my attitude. And that is why there is a realtor he is the middle man that is there job.
                            realtors are nothing more than pawns, if the homeowner has any sense, he will run the show....especially during a build.

Another thing i did was i had a contractual completion date in my contract, 200 per day after that date.......

I had the final and only say over everything. I made that clear up front, and for a build it went fairly smooth.. Above all, because of having a lengthy contract and my nose in everything my house is exactly what i wanted.
                            Bike-on.com rep
                            John@bike-on.com

Comment

realtors are nothing more than pawns, if the homeowner has any sense, he will run the show....especially during a build.

Another thing i did was i had a contractual completion date in my contract, 200 per day after that date.......

I had the final and only say over everything. I made that clear up front, and for a build it went fairly smooth.. Above all, because of having a lengthy contract and my nose in everything my house is exactly what i wanted.
                              This fucking thread is pissing me off more and more you people are fucked 200 days get the fuck out of my life.

Comment

Most homeowners suck and with your attitude you can see why I have my attitude. And that is why there is a REALTOR he is the middle man that is there job.
                                This fucking thread is pissing me off more and more you people are fucked 200 days get the fuck out of my life.
                                sounds like someone needs to go reread business ethics 101.

you're not the boss when doing a custom job for a client.

and no, buyers don't have to go through a realtor when working with a builder.

good luck staying afloat, rcechser.

Comment

Working...
                                X