Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope this great news reminds everyone how important it is to exercise your right to vote. Two months into the new administration, we have reversed the ban on ESCR and are on the verge of getting CDRPA passed. Hats off to all the advocates who kept the faith and worked tirelessly to get this done. And eternal gratitude to the two shining lights whose name the bill bears.

I would be grateful if anyone would post the highlights of the CDRPA and the expected near-term practical results of passage.
    Last edited by Foolish Old; 03-25-2009, 07:24 AM.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

• it's coming up on c-span in a few minutes

well a bunch of one minute speeches first
      Last edited by Leo; 03-25-2009, 10:12 AM. Reason: update
      http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

• Delayed?

Comment

• Originally posted by VJS View Post
          Delayed?
          I see it's just for procedural votes and general debate.
          Still looks like a go.

Comment

• link please
            Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

• The debate is being televised on C-SPAN right now. 12:48 p.m.
              Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

• Vote on Senate amendment to HR 146 will be at 1:30. Probably will be held open for a few minutes beyond the alloted 15, so vote will be final shortly before 2:00 pm.

Comment

• We did it!

It passed, at long last.

HUGE thanks to everybody here who ever called their member of congress, wrote a letter, sent an email, told a friend.

GIANT thanks to everybody who went to DC for a Working 2 Walk event and spent their own money to be the face of sci in Washington.

ENORMOUS thanks to Wise for giving us this space to stay connected.

And of course, Unite2Fight people who never gave up, GOOD JOB!

Comment

• Did I just see it pass? I feel so profoundly moved by this quiet moment, more than any other public event that I’ve seen in my still-young-enough-for-cure life, save maybe Obama’s election.

THANK YOU and congratulations to those who have worked so hard.
                    Last edited by Random; 03-25-2009, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Thank you to Christopher and Dana Reeve who devoted the last year's of their lives to the improvement of all of our lives.

John
                      "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Comment

• This is great news. What does it really mean for us though?

Comment

• ditto what john said and hates off to the doers

and to mr. doctor coburn.up yours

Vike I think there is a lot we can do to shape what happens next
                          http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

• YEAH!! I have the shivers. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication to this bill. John I too have to ditto your statement. Leo, your statement too.

Keep us updated on what we can do next.

Comment

• Hats off to the doers. LOL, Leo, you were working on this when I was still dancing on tables! (And, errrr, falling in fountains. )
                              Blog:
                              Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

• Originally posted by betheny View Post
                                Hats off to the doers. LOL, Leo, you were working on this when I was still dancing on tables! (And, errrr, falling in fountains. )

It sure has been a long time coming! for its finally passing.
                                T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X