• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just as well happen the week of Jan. 22-25

Our senator's and Coburn.

I'm ready.

Originally posted by bostondad
    Hi all,

First, let me say that your letters to the Senator have been terrific! A first class and intelligent blast.

I have been thinking that we do two call in days. The first right after the New Year with calls to his home state office.

Oklahoma City
    100 North Broadway
    Suite 1820
    Oklahoma City, OK 73102
    Main: 405-231-4941
    Fax: 405-231-5051

We need to bring this issue to a local level for him and to his staff. I have found in the past that there is a whole different mind set at the local offices (local hires as opposed to college interns etc in DC) They tend to be more grounded. We call for the release of the hold and maybe we also call to request that the good Senator meet with some of his constituents from the paralyzed community to discuss the bill. (No pressure B)
    I am sure that if we all did some research we could come up with a group of people from Oklahoma. If he says no, or puts off a meeting,
    that would be very embarrassing for him with his staff and the local press.

The second call in day happens when they return to DC, sometime in late February. Maybe this one we can tie in with the Presidential race as there maybe two leading candidates who we can tie down at that point. We can also coordinate this with a YouTube piece or pieces. Thoughts?
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

• Are these outlaws back in session yet?

Should have turned on the news first.

On the road tomorrow so will call thursday.

1. My 2 senators

2. Reeds office

3. Coburn's office
      Last edited by Leo; 01-22-2008, 07:40 PM.

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

• Did it

Took less than 20 minutes, the young man in Coburn's office was quite politie, first time i've heard one say, i'll write this down as a memo and pass it on to him.

this link you just select your state and contact info pops up

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...m.cfm?State=OK

if your a bit nervious do your own state first, then by the time you hit Reed and CCoburn it just roles out.

Sen Reeds you'll get option to leave a voice message or wait for an aide, i only had to wait a couple minutes.

rock on

PS, have made contact with some folks with the PVA in OK, they have calls in so maybe we'll learn more

Comment

• Been gone-what has been happening about CDRPA? Both the MN Senators are co-sponsors so I am not sure what else I should do. Thanks.

Comment

• Another Call-In Day??

Comment

• Any News?

Comment

• Chaz19,
                I am wondering too.

Comment

• Chaz, Momo--Sen. Coburn still has the bill on hold in the Senate. His office will be receiving a personal visit on April 15th. Hopefully, by a lot of us--to clog up the Senate building he is in and demand an answer.
                  Please submit your photo and story of hope:

http://bridges2hope.unite2fightparalysis.org/

http://unite2fightparalysis.org/

Comment

• I vote call in day, can Boston Dad get one going? As before, I will offer to go to DC again before April to see what can be done. Anyone interested in a pre-Rally push with a call in day on the same day?
                    Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

• Originally posted by cheesecake
                      I vote call in day, can Boston Dad get one going? As before, I will offer to go to DC again before April to see what can be done. Anyone interested in a pre-Rally push with a call in day on the same day?
                      I'll be on my phone, cheesecake.
                      Please submit your photo and story of hope:

http://bridges2hope.unite2fightparalysis.org/

http://unite2fightparalysis.org/

Comment

• Originally posted by cheesecake
                        I vote call in day, can Boston Dad get one going? As before, I will offer to go to DC again before April to see what can be done. Anyone interested in a pre-Rally push with a call in day on the same day?
                        Cheesecake, I may be able to attend a pre-rally push. Afternoon is better.

Comment

• Count me in. Give me the time, date and number and I will gladly call.

I unfortunately can't make the rally this year. April is a bad time for us-we store boats and hopefully we should be warmer by then.

Comment

• National Call In Day Guide For April 15TH

TUESDAY, APRIL 15TH

NATIONAL CALL IN DAY LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD!

CALLERS GUIDE - This guide is for your convenience. Please feel free to use
                            your own words and if comfortable tell your story. Your grassroots activists will be visiting the capitol this day and really need your support. When you call ask for the aide that handles the HELP issues for the senator. Even if you
                            get their voicemail, leave a long message. Please remember to be courteous and respectful of all members of the US Senate even if they have a different view than yours. Thank you.

STEP ONE - FIND YOUR SENATORS www.visi.com/juan/congress/

STEP TWO - IS YOUR SENATOR A CURRENT COSPONSOR? See list below

COSPONSORS OF S. 1183
                            CA – Barbara Boxer - Dianne Feinstein
                            CT – Chris Dodd
                            HI – Daniel Inouye
                            IL – Dick Durbin - Barack Obama
                            IA – Tom Harkin
                            MI – Carl Levin
                            MN – Norm Coleman – Amy Klobuchar
                            MD – Barbara Mikulski – Benjamin Cardin
                            MS – Thad Cochran
                            NJ – Frank Lautenberg - Robert Menendez MA – John Kerry - Edward Kennedy

NM – Jeff Bingaman
                            NY – Hillary Clinton - Charles Shumer
                            NC – Richard Burr
                            OH – Sherrod Brown - George Voinovich
                            OR – Gordon Smith
                            PA – Robert Casey - Arlen Specter
                            RI – Jack Reed - Sheldon Whitehouse
                            SC – Lindsey Graham
                            SD – Tim Johnson
                            VT – Bernard Sanders - Patrick Leahy
                            WA – Patty Murray

STEP THREE - CHOOSE A MESSAGE

MESSAGE FOR SENATORS WHO ARE NOT YET COSPONSORS

Hello, my name is________________ and I live in (town, state) and I am a constituent of Senator_____________. Today, for the fourth year in a row members of the paralyzed community are traveling to our nations' Capitol to advocate for the passage of the Christopher & Dana Reeve Paralysis Act. Though I can not be there in body, I am in spirit and ask the Senator to co-sponsor this bill S. 1183. I also encourage the senator to call Senator Coburn to ask that he release this bill so it can have a full vote before the Senate.

MESSAGE FOR SENATORS WHO ARE COSPONSORS

Hello, my name is________________ and I live in (town, state) and I am a constituent of Senator_____________. Today, for the fourth year in a row members of the paralyzed community are traveling to our nations’ Capitol to advocate for the passage of the Christopher & Dana Reeve Paralysis Act. Though I can not be there in body, I am in spirit and want to thank Senator________ for co-sponsoring bill S. 1183. I also encourage the senator to call Senator Coburn and ask that he release this bill so that it can have a full vote before the Senate.

STEP FOUR - TELL US HOW IT WENT
                            THANK YOU ALL!

Comment

• too late?

is it too late to send letters? when is the congress supposed to decide on it? i know that there is one congressman holding things up...how else can we help? i'm planning a fundraiser for sept & would like to donate the proceeds to the christopher & dana reeve foundation. it's in the beginning stages (i'm an artist and will be exhibiting my work to help raise awareness about sci & research) of planning & would love input on what info i can provide ppl or ask from the ppl that will be attending my shows. i will be seeking publicity for the events as well. i've been fortunate enough to have already been interviewed and do some advocating. if things work well with my shows i'll have to opportunity again & want to make sure i cover everything. any ideas? i've already thought about providing basic literature about sci & ask for donations. i have a website which, i'll include on the cards for my shows as well.
                              www.christinasymanski.com

Comment

• no it's not too late we have until the end of the congressional session, call or write away!
                                Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Working...
                                X