Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faye

BTW Davies is an ASC researcher

Faye, please stop lying. What kind of satisfaction do you get out of misrepresenting researchers and their work?

Dr. Davies himself, in his own words on this site, has explained in detail the ESC research he's involved in. Davies is an ESC researcher.

/forum/search.php?searchid=823764

Comment

Originally posted by antiquity
      LOL, the only person claiming that is Faye and she is not a credible source. Wise would not have written ESCR into the NJ bill if he opposed ESCR. Wise would not have testified before Congress to support ESCR if he opposed it. Wake up and do your own research and stop believing 2nd hand lies and tales.

How do you know if I even talk to Faye? What if I told you I never spoke too her. How do you know she's wrong and your in the right. Ohhh I forgot because the sheriff is always in the right. But guess what?!?!?!? Cops are the most corrupt people on the face of this earth. They were born with a semi-automatic weapon in their mouth.

YOU need too really stop because nobody knows who is right or wrong. I don't care about what he said she said bull shit- facts are facts and if they are leaking from a source in a goverment.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Time to call in the FBI- there's a rat in the house.
      Birds Fly in Flocks, but Eagles Fly Alone...

Comment

Originally posted by spidergirl
        WE DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL THE CRPA IS GONNA REALLY DO YET AND HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TOO SEE ANYTHING INTO FRUITION AND IF IN FACT THEY FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES BECAUSE IT HAS NOT BEEN FRICKEN PASSED YET. MY GAWD!!!

So. nobody knows anything. Everybody is a sheep or a duck in the dark bickering and quacking amongst eachother.

Clearly accusations of people making false claims and doing shady shit behind closed doors could translate right into the CRPA act. NOBODY KNOWS!!!!! Just like nobody knows when the cure will come nobody knows what we are going to REALLY GET? Or what we are REALLY BEING TOLD? That's all I have too say, that's the bottom line.
        Cheryl, lordy, the CRPA bill clearly spells out its intentions. Please read it. Once it is passed, the government will be required to fulfill its mandates.

For example, if an appropriations bill requires that the NIH invest 150 million a year into SCI research, the NIH must fulfill that request.

Cheese, Beth, Steven, could you provide links on how appropriations bills work so that Cheryl can better understand the process?

Comment

WE DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL THE CRPA IS GONNA REALLY DO YET AND HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TOO SEE ANYTHING INTO FRUITION AND IF IN FACT THEY FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES BECAUSE IT HAS NOT BEEN FRICKEN PASSED YET. MY GAWD!!!

So. nobody knows anything. Everybody is a sheep or a duck in the dark bickering and quacking amongst eachother.

Clearly accusations of people making false claims and doing shady shit behind closed doors could translate right into the CRPA act. NOBODY KNOWS!!!!! Just like nobody knows when the cure will come nobody knows what we are going to REALLY GET? Or what we are REALLY BEING TOLD? That's all I have too say, that's the bottom line.
          I don't know what you mean when you tak about how making accusations could translate into CRPA. You seem to be saying that passing CRPA is a bad thing?

If you haven't read CRPA yet I'd encourage you to do so. there is a long list of things that would be funded by CRPA that I'd hope you would agree are worthwhile.

You're right that nobody knows when the cure will come or where it will come from. That's why I think it is dangerous to put all of our focus on ESC. We should focus on ESC because it offers the most promise for the long term, but there are a lot of other things that can help make a difference in the near term. It is possible to believe that ESC offers potential and to advocate for it's passage and try to pursue other avenues that can help people with SCI at the same time.

Comment

Oh how does S 362 detour from ESCR, pray tell?
            "to detour from SCREA." You can keep pretending it won't so that you don't appear to be a hypocrite for trashing others for seeking the attainable but we all see it.
            Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Cheryl, lordy, the CRPA bill clearly spells out its intentions. Please read it. Once it is passed, the government will be required to fulfill its mandates.

For example, if an appropriations bill requires that the NIH invest 150 million a year into SCI research, the NIH must fulfill that request.

Cheese, Beth, Steven, could you provide links on how appropriations bills work so that Cheryl can better understand the process?
              I have already spoken to Steven. There's no need too. Bills can get changed and reworded and things can sometimes not follow through. Thats just life in general. There will always be shadeballs no matter what against everything. You can argue with someone which fricken OJ is better. And i dont mean the killer, I mean the juice.

Comment

How do you know if I even talk to Faye? What if I told you I never spoke too her. How do you know she's wrong and your in the right. Ohhh I forgot because the sheriff is always in the right. But guess what?!?!?!? Cops are the most corrupt people on the face of this earth. They were born with a semi-automatic weapon in their mouth.

YOU need too really stop because nobody knows who is right or wrong. I don't care about what he said she said bull shit- facts are facts and if they are leaking from a source in a goverment.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Time to call in the FBI- there's a rat in the house.
                Yes sweetie, you are right. This isn't about who's right or wrong, it's about the truth and facts are facts. The FACT is that Wise authored a bill that would require NJ to fund ESCR using state funds.

The FACT is that Wise has testified before Congress in support of ESCR.

These aren't my words, these are facts. Please verify this yourself.

Comment

Faye, please stop lying. What kind of satisfaction do you get out of misrepresenting researchers and their work?

Dr. Davies himself, in his own words on this site, has explained in detail the ESC research he's involved in. Davies is an ESC researcher.

/forum/search.php?searchid=823764
                  Sorry seneca, that won't work. Stephen Davis DOES NOT work on hESC:

In this present study we have effectively created a brand new cell type, an embryonic rat, glial precursor derived type-1 astrocyte. Brand spanking new to science in terms of it's ability to repair rat spinal cord injuries. In comparison olfactory ensheathing cells have been around for years and are only just at a point where they are going to clinical trial (i.e. more effectively controlled clinical trials here in the West that is). So we now have plans to investigate whether human embryonic GRPs and even adult GRPs have the same potential to make a GDA that is as effective as a GDA derived from an embryonic rat spinal cord GRP. Another obvious question is whether we can make GRPs and therefore GDAs from other types of stem cells. As I'm sure you are aware these questions alone are very complex, however if we are smart enough hopefully we can figure out the answers quickly.
                  /forum/showpost.php?p=451114&postcount=31

He has plans to do hESC, but is limited by the Bush policy. So far he has worked on the RAT embryonic spinal cord cells.

Comment

Yes sweetie, you are right. This isn't about who's right or wrong, it's about the truth and facts are facts. The FACT is that Wise authored a bill that would require NJ to fund ESCR using state funds.

Are you insinuating that I am calling Dr. Young a rat? I know he works on rodents I didn't know he was one.

Comment

Oh how does S 362 detour from ESCR, pray tell?

The bills supported by Steven were all ASC based detour bills, the so-called work-around bills.

S 362 is a REAL ESCR bill. Pro-ESCR folks like ESCR bills, they do not like work-around bills.
                      S 362 will be offered as an alternative to SCREA. It will only come up for a vote when we are trying to pass SCREA. A vote for S 362 will allow people to vote against SCREA and still say they support ESC. Depending on how the unanimous consent request is structured, a majority vote for S 362 could actually prevent a clean vote on SCREA. The Senate could have a straight up or down vote on SCREA without amendments, but opponents of SCREA will demand that the Senate be allowed to vote on alternatives, possibly including S 362. That doesn't mean S 362 isn't a good bill, but it is being used as part of a legislative strategy by people who oppose SCREA.

We're within a vote or two of a veto-proof majority in the Senate for SCREA. Why would we want to give Senators who are feeling pressure to support ESC an escape hatch to vote against SCREA and still be able to tell advocates they support ESC?

Comment

I have already spoken to Steven. There's no need too. Bills can get changed and reworded and things can sometimes not follow through. Thats just life in general. There will always be shadeballs no matter what against everything. You can argue with someone which fricken OJ is better. And i dont mean the killer, I mean the juice.

Cheryl, you need to understand how appropriations (Federal Funding mandates) bills work and you clearly do not.

Changes to bills are part of the public record.

All government bills can be accessed and read by the public.

Comment

Wise authored the ONLY state ESCR bill that funds primarily ASCR, duh.....

Yes, he has testified in NJ for ESCR, you don't think that looks good on his resume?

There are no scientists against ESCR, but there are scientists who work both sides: use the ESCR bandwagon to get more ASCR funding.

Comment

Originally posted by leschinsky
                            "to detour from SCREA." You can keep pretending it won't so that you don't appear to be a hypocrite for trashing others for seeking the attainable but we all see it.
                            Les, a Pro-ESCR person supporting a Pro-ESCR bill is NEVER a hypocrit.

A Pro-ESCR person who supports an ASCR bill or who remains silent about the ESCR bill IS a hypocrit.

Faily simple.

The Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act is not the only ESCR bill:

Both Hr 3 AND S362 support federal funding of hundreds of good ESC lines.

Comment

Cheryl, you need to understand how appropriations (Federal Funding mandates) bills work and you clearly do not.

Changes to bills are part of the public record.

All government bills can be accessed and read by the public.
                              Yes, your right. I have a lot too learn. I am not disputing that. Man I aced politics in college..... Do I gotta go back to school again??? LOL - I thought I already did that.

Antiquity,

oulandish accusations are being made and they are not coming from Faye, I will tell you that right now. I don't know what too believe I really don't. Personally, who can you trust in this world now a days besides your own family if even at that? One thing is for sure, no matter what we all say or do or however which way we gotta get there, we need to get out of these chairs. These are death sentences that have been given too innocent victims. At the end of the day, no matter what we can say and do too eachother we are all rockin' in the same boat. This is a huge mess.

Comment

Wise authored the ONLY state ESCR bill that funds primarily ASCR, duh.....
                                It was never an ESCR only bill. It was a stem cell bill that included funding for ESCR. Wise is one of the people responsible for the bills ESCR language.

Yes, he has testified in NJ for ESCR, you don't think that looks good on his resume?
                                LOL, Wise testified for ESCR because he's an ESCR advocate. Same reason McDonald has testified for ESCR. They certainly could have stayed home that day and their reputations wouldn't have suffered from it.

There are no scientists against ESCR, but there are scientists who work both sides:
                                Wrong. Dr. Peduzzi for one doesn't support ESCR.

use the ESCR bandwagon to get more ASCR funding.
                                That makes absolutely no sense Faye.

An ASC researcher would not need ESC to get more ASC funding. The government already freely funds ASC.

Comment

Working...
                                X