CRPA Miracle-Victory Within Reach!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carl R-

All I've got so far are rumors. One is from a credible source (a House aide) is that it passed the House at 2:12 a.m. today. We have no idea in what shape or form.

Re the Senate, nothing yet from the Hill. Can't find it on the internet. I have a bad feeling. I think we'd have heard if it passed. Either it was defeated in the Senate or they haven't gotten to it yet. Fingers still crossed.
    Blog:
    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Does anyone know what the amendment from Barton stated?
      "Our lives begin to end the day
      we become silent about things that matter."
      - Martin Luther King Jr

Comment

Nobody that I've heard from...It's all very mysterious, I'll have to say.
        Blog:

Comment

Currently posted.........

12/9/2006 2:16am: Committee on Energy and Commerce discharged. 12/9/2006 2:16am: Committee on Veterans' Affairs discharged. 12/9/2006 2:21am: Mr. Barton (TX) asked unanimous consent to discharge from committee and consider. 12/9/2006 2:22am: Considered by unanimous consent. 12/9/2006 2:22am: H.AMDT.1220 Amendment (A001) offered by Mr. Barton (TX). 12/9/2006 2:22am: H.AMDT.1220 On agreeing to the Barton (TX) amendment (A001) Agreed to without objection. 12/9/2006 2:22am: On passage Passed without objection. 12/9/2006 2:22am: Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection. 12/9/2006: Received in the Senate.
          - Martin Luther King Jr

Comment

Yep, there it is. If I don't hear something soon I think I'll hop a flight to DC. The Senate needs to be looking a few of us in the eye while they discuss this if at all possible...
            Blog:

Comment

Re the Senate, nothing yet from the Hill. Can't find it on the internet. I have a bad feeling. I think we'd have heard if it passed. Either it was defeated in the Senate or they haven't gotten to it yet. Fingers still crossed.
              If it passed the House, I don't think it will make it to the Senate until tomorrow. I called yesterday to Senator Hutchison's office and they weren't expecting to get to some of what the House passed until Sunday. The Gulf of Mexico drilling bill which was more high profile passed Yesterday afternoon and I know they weren't getting it in the Senate until Sunday. So stands to reason that anything that happened late last night would not make it to the Senate till Sunday as well. The House record just look strange because it doesn't definitively showed that it passed. I hope "sent to Senateā€ is good.
              Last edited by Carl R; 9 Dec 2006, 2:23 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure "sent to Senate" means it passed in the House. But a lot of what seems logical to me means nothing at all up in their little special world, so who knows.

You think I should order a plane ticket? Is the public allowed in for their midnight deliberations? I'm shocked they'd be working on Sunday. Although God knows they've had plenty of time off! I read in a magazine (I'll be honest, it was Rolling Stone) that Sen. Brownback hadn't missed one day of church at his home church in Topeka KS.
                Last edited by betheny; 9 Dec 2006, 3:01 PM.
                Blog:

Comment

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d109:3:./temp/~bdTVCo::|/bss/d109query.html
                  http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

Leo, what does it say? I don't understand.

I'm a lil bit flustered.
                    Blog:

Comment

The CRPA passed in a Republican House. When it reached the Senate, it was reported to be held up by a couple of Senators. The Senate broke at 6 am today and the CRPA did not pass.

Thanks everyone for your hard work.
                      Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Shit.

They basically take a couple years off, pull an all-nighter, vote on this thing when they're running on bad moods and coffee? With NOT ONE FUCKING PERSON IN A WHEELCHAIR IN THE WHOLE FUCKING ROOM?

Shit.
                        Blog:

Comment

Deja vu all over again.

HERE is the story from 2004.

John
                          "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Comment

Senator Who?

Cheese,
                            Is there any way we can find out who they were? Too angry to write anything just yet.

Comment

Do we know for a fact, that it was voted on in the Senate???
                              - Martin Luther King Jr

Comment

According to the Senate website, the only piece of legislation they worked on today was H.R. 6111.
                                - Martin Luther King Jr

Comment

Working...
                                X