Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, if no one else is going to do it.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boo to Mr. Jerkface! :thumbsdown:
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

I will be going to DC. CANT WAIT sorry carrie thought i was going to finally meet you
      For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Comment

Let me tell you--I think I have made it pretty clear to this man in the past week and a half that I am not fond of him anymore.

Sorry guys--maybe next year.
        If there is light
        it will find
        you

--Charles Bukowski

Comment

I have school obligations also. Not tomention I sunk a lot of money into a conference that I never thought I would get to go to. The passing of Dana Reeve makes me want to go even more. I guess I will start drafting letters to congress and such now so in a way I will be there.
          www.cawvsports.org
          The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
          We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Comment

That's too bad, Carrie. This must suck for you. I guess I left out the "if you have a presentation that you can't get out of" part, when I said I understand that it's finals week for some.

If I showed up in chat more often I would have already known that.

We should send professor Jerkface a petition or nasty letters.
            jOE
            www.nwiscig.blogspot.com

Comment

Buckwheat will be there. I'm looking forward to seeing all the friends I made last year and making some new ones!

Comment

YAY!!! *doing my happy dance*

Comment

I will be there! Show your support by changing your avatar to match mine!!
                  1FineSpineRN

Comment

quote=CurlieQCarrie]Let me tell you--I think I have made it pretty clear to this man in the past week and a half that I am not fond of him anymore.

Carrie has he allowed other students to re-arrange presentation times or project deadlines? If he hasn't he might be thinking you might want "special treatment" because you are disabled. I know that's not your intention but maybe that's what he's thinking?

Comment

It is still up in the air if I am going or not. I would have to take THREE finals that Thursday after returning home and then back out of town on Friday. The only one that worries me is my History of Earth Science final which is over 20 chapters. It's doable and I WANT to go. I'll keep y'all updated. Cross your fingers.
                      "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
                      http://www.kristi-allen.com

Comment

My wife and I, and my seven-year-old daughter will be there. If anyone else from Texas is planning to come, e-mail me at wrichards@houston.rr.com .

Also, if anyone needs to rent a lift or other equipment, you can get it from Roberts oxygen. I used them to rent a lift last year and they delivered to the hotel, rental was $103. When I talk to them yesterday, they said they had plenty and went into DC every day for deliveries. Here is the phone number.

Roberts Home Med - 103.00 for a month
                        301-353-0300

And if anyone's concerned about transportation, the Metrorail line will take you anywhere for just a couple dollars and is very accessible. Here is the link:

http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm

Comment

Any girls going who want to be roomies, PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by KiranA
                            Any girls going who want to be roomies, PM me.
                            If I dress in drag, would I qualify?
                            ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Edwards
                              If I dress in drag, would I qualify?
                              If you're as convincing as Cspine--I think it could work.
                              If there is light
                              it will find
                              you

--Charles Bukowski

Comment

Carl~
                                It will be great to see you and Shelly again this year. Last year her tears of joy were infectious. This years hugs will have a different meaning. Just promise that you will return home healthy and stay that way? Oh yeah, warm clothes too!
                                Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Working...
                                X