returning to Washington, DC

W2W 2011
    October 16-18, 2011

Hilton Hotel
    Rockville, Maryland

"Our lives begin to end the day
    we become silent about things that matter."
    - Martin Luther King Jr

I want to go, guess you need money though huh?

Comment

I'll be there.
      Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Comment

How did I miss this post ... I guess I never peek into this forum. Maybe we could also post this in the life forum and care forums? I know we're not supposed to duplicate post, but I think this should be an exception.

Tentatively, we will all come - me, Chad and Medium Boy. We went in 2005 and people who saw Small Boy then will barely recognize him; he spent much of the sessions sacked out dead asleep on Chad with his chair laid back! He has grown a ton. We, however, look the same.

ETA: just looked at hotel rates; $249 is the cheapest. Will there be any special rates for the conference? At that rate, perhaps we won't be there .... we'll see.
        Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

I'm going.
          JimmyMack
          Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
          http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

Comment

I've got my room reserved...dont think it was $249! Yes, there is a block of rooms reserved for this event. I will double check on the rate.

Comment

Anyone know what day and time Dr. Davies is presenting?
              Last edited by Jim; 08-10-2011, 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                Anyone know what day and time Dr. Davies is presenting?
                This is the symposium schedule so far. I don't know exactly what time
                Dr. Young and Dr. Davies time slots are when they will be meeting with the SCI community. Hope to see you there Jim!

Registration is now open: http://www.unite2fightparalysis.org/working2walk__1

Working 2 Walk 2011 Schedule of Events

(tentative - subject to change)

Sunday October 16:
                7:00 - 8:30 am Registration & Continental Breakfast

8:30 am - 5:00 pm Science & Advocacy Symposium - General & Breakout
                Sessions Hilton Hotel, Rockville, Maryland

5:00 - 7:00 pm Networking Reception hosted by National Rehabilitation Hospital Atrium of the Hilton - beverages & light fare provided

Monday October 17:
                7:30 - 8:30 am Registration & Continental Breakfast

8:30 am - 5:00 pm Science & Advocacy Symposium - General & Breakout Sessions Hilton Hotel, Rockville, Maryland

7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
                "Champions of Hope" Reception hosted by the International Center for Spinal Cord Injury at Kennedy Krieger Institute ICSCI Outpatient Center, Baltimore, Maryland - light fare provided

Tuesday October 18:Capitol Hill Day
                8:00 - 9:30 amKick-off Breakfast at the Hilton Hotel, Rockville, Maryland Throughout the Day Visits with Legislators Lunch & Dinner on your own
                http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Rooms are $159 for our group

Comment

Thanks Grammy

Comment

It says the schedule is tentative and subject to change, but will these days definitely be when it will take place?
                      --Jodi--
                      www.clausingfamily.com
                      www.facebook.com/ryanclausing

Comment

Some of us from over here might look into W2W (and W2W is one of the best venues to meet great people and friends), but we have some international planning traveling ahead of us this fall, like NoSCoS in Gothenburg Sweden and Hong Kong China. Best to all the W2W participants.

Comment

Originally posted by RyansWife View Post
                          It says the schedule is tentative and subject to change, but will these days definitely be when it will take place?
                          @Jodi, The dates and place are etched in stone. The scientists, researchers and company speaking time slots may be adjusted a little due to their personal schedules here and there. There may be also more speakers yet to be added that can be dovetailed into time slots. We are packing as many super researchers and speakers in this year as possible! There is super information to be shared this year. It's a must see!

@Leif, We hope to see you guys there. Hope you can make it!

Sponsor Opportunities
                          Venue/Reservations
                          Schedule
                          Registration

Working 2 Walk Registration Now Open - Early Bird Rates in effect until September 15

Schedule of Events with Confirmed Speaker List is now available. We'll hear from the scientists who have reported exciting discoveries in the last year, and the biotechs that will take these therapies to clinical trial. Read more.

Plan to join us this fall as we return to the Washington, DC area. The past year has been an exciting time in the world of spinal cord injury research as therapies move from the lab into clinical trials. Working 2 Walk brings you the opportunity to:
                          • Meet the scientists who are leading the effort to find curative therapies;
                          • Hear first-hand the latest news on the research front;
                          • Learn about currently available modalities that will help you maintain a healthy lifestyle and maximize function following spinal cord injury;
                          • Find out what you can do to accelerate progress toward cures;
                          • Network with your peers in a dynamic environment.
                          Thank You to our Generous Sponsors Who Make Working 2 Walk Possible

Last edited by GRAMMY; 08-12-2011, 01:33 AM.
                          http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

What is the code or whatever to get that room rate?

ETA: never mind, I see the registration link above now
                            Last edited by zillazangel; 08-12-2011, 08:53 AM.
                            Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

All registered and secured my room, see you in october !!!!
                              JimmyMack
                              Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
                              http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

Comment

Working...
                              X