Christopher & Dana Reeve Paralysis Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisShirey
    ok, I worked all night and I am a little burnt. Help me here. Is Delaware Senator Joe Biden, or Tom Carper on the list or do I need to work on them? I didn't see their names. Thanks
    Senator Joe Biden, now up for VP? Not a co-sponsor.

Senator Palin with her quote about her being an advocate for special needs children when she gets into the whitehouse?

Sounds like these two both could use some letters written to them.
    Cindy Waters
    mom to Anthony, right c5, left c4 (24yo)
    injury march 2003

Comment

My son and I have recently been working with Senator Biden's aide. I sent the information requested, and will follow up next week. I feel pretty confident he'll sign on as a cosponsor.

If anyone would like to follow up with a phone call asking him to cosponsor this bill, that would be helpful. The call would be even more meaningful if you live in Delaware. Ask for Patrick Johnson, phone #202-224-5042.
      "Our lives begin to end the day
      we become silent about things that matter."
      - Martin Luther King Jr

Comment

Originally posted by waters3
        Senator Joe Biden, now up for VP? Not a co-sponsor.

Senator Palin with her quote about her being an advocate for special needs children when she gets into the whitehouse?

Sounds like these two both could use some letters written to them.
        Palin is Alaska's governor, not a Senator. In previous versions of the bill, Biden had been a co-sponsor, glad to see he is reconsidering.
        Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

how about swing states?

I'm in California and will call Biden's office to indicate that one of my major issues in the election is the CDRPA.

Got to think that in addition to Delaware, swing state voters (according to the NY Times the swing states are Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Michigan, Ohio, Virginia, New Hampshire) will get his aide's ear as well. Can we mobilize folks in those states to make some calls/emails?

Comment

Working...
          X