• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a spicy Jamacian beef patty and a diet coke
    C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

Originally posted by Juke_spin
      Sushi rice with raw slices of swordfish and monkfish w slices of pickled ginger, chili garlic sauce, Kikkoman sushi sauce & roasted sesame seeds.
      And I thought I ate strange things for bfast.
      The food you eat, is it expensive?
      Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by november
        And I thought I ate strange things for bfast.
        The food you eat, is it expensive?
        Hi November, no, the foods not expensive by the meal. Stocking up on the various oriental/Japanese condiments costs quite a bit but they go a long way once you've got the jars and bottles of them. The fishies may run high by the pound but I use virtually condiment level amounts per "piece" of sushi. The whole idea of suchi, as I'm coming to understand it, is to compliment the taste of whatever seafood goes into it. I just got on this sushi kick after reading The Zen of Fish: The Story of Sushi, from Samurai to Supermarket.

Oh, I read that NM piece on dating an oriental guy by some "Amber" person. It was pretty good.
        "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
        J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

The greatest cereal on earth.....
          If I was meant to have wheels under my ass, what the hell are these legs for?
          http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455040496

Comment

This morning once again I had sushi rice with kernel corn with plum and oyster sauces.
            J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Ironic, I suppose but since I lost my job back on the 7th, I've been laying low (sorta in limbo, but that is another story), okay depressed actually. Been eating only once, occasionally twice every 24 hrs, freqently around 4 or 5 in the morning. Friday morning was the infamous steak and potatoes that caused a nasty bout with food poisoning I mentioned in the Life thread.

I've never been a breakfast eater in the traditional, get up early-eat yer bacon and eggs mold. Not that I don't like breakfast foods, I do but would rather sleep than get up to eat. And if I eat too much carbs I go to sleep anyway as my blood sugar spikes.

This once-a-day stuff does seem to have its advantages tho, looks like I'd dropped a few pounds even before getting sick, no doubt I chucked up some more weight earlier today!

I'll try something soft and easy tomorrow, maybe some cream of rice cereal or oatmeal....

Tom

Comment

Red and sushi rices w lots of condiments and pieces of grilled frank & a chunk of leftover deli Chicago style deepdish pizza. And a pot of mixed cooked and tangerine Puerhs.
                J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Sushi rice w shrimps and oyster sauce. Aged oolong tea.
                  J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

A venti iced carmel macchiato from Starbucks with 4 shots of expresso. And 1/2 of a blueberry cheese danish.

Yes it was a "healthy" breakfast day today

This also counted as my lunch today since I had it around 10:30 am.

Comment

Nikishi rice, rice vinegar w sugar-&-stevia, nori, tomago* strips, roasted sesame seeds & two dipping sauces w strips of pickled ginger.

*How to make Tomago....
                      J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

What Did You Have For Breakfast Today?
                        A bowl of crappy porridge with no sugur and simi skimmed milk, the wifes put me on a diet

Anybody selling chocolate i'll give you 10 times its value
                        Disability & Mobility Information Directory
                        Complimentary Therapy Directory
                        DDA Disability Access Audits

Comment

Homemade sushi w ahai tuna, Nikishi sushi rice, oyster,soy and plumb dipping sauces and roasted sesame seeds; all wrapped in nori (sheets of seaweed). Yum!
                          J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Munchkins!
                            Big testing effort requires brain food!

Comment

I must say, some of you folks are eating quite poorly, or eating too much highly rerfined carbohydrate first thing in the morning. I eat what I call "omelette muffins". I make half a dozen at a time and then pop them in the microwave in the morning to reheat. Simply take a mixing bowl and pour in egg beater or other cholesterol free egg substitute, add fresh (steamed, sauteed) or frozen bagged veggies (easiest),and if desired,add diced meat of some sort, such as lean Canadian bacon or leftovers.

Pour thick mixture into non stick muffin tins and bake for about 45 minutes until the inside is dry, checking with a knife. Let cool and keep in the fridge.

Pop in the microwave each morning for a hot satisfying start to your day that provides a serving of fat-free, cholesterol free veggies and protein.

I have one of these plus either half or a whole banana, plus a slice of gluten-free high-fiber bread. Omit if limiting calories.

All in all, minimal calories, plus fruit, vegetables, and protein in a way that leaves you full for hours.

A good way to preserve healthy blood sugar levels that minimizes your chances of problems in the future.

I got the idea from the South Beach diet book.

Comment

My breakfast consists of fruits, dryfruits, seeds, yogurt, sprouts, whole grain bread (no refined flours) along with any egg preparation and tea. This is on a daily basis and is taken in moderation accordingly.

It's the best breakfast one can have daily as all the food groups are included in this diet which your body requires and breakfast is the best time to consume this.

Comment

Working...
                                X