• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynnifer

What are grits?
    Seriously? It's a Southern thang..

Here ya' go.

http://www.quakergrits.com/QG_Grits/grits.htm

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Grits are a hot cereal made out of corn. It's eaten here in the south, usually flavored with butter and salt (instead of the other kind of breakfast cereals which are usually sweetened). It's not exclusively a breakfast food. In fact, I've heard that a true southerner doesn't eat grits for breakfast. But I'm a breakfast all day sort of guy and I'm not southern (originally a yankee, then grew up on the left coast), so it doesn't bug me. In the South Carolina low country, they serve "shrimp and grits" which is really awesome.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/GritsHistory.htm
      Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer
        What are grits?

whaaaat?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

pills and coffee.
          oh well

Comment

Immodium, decaf green tea. Yeah, it's been that kind of week.

Comment

i always have one egg[fried,scrambled or boiled],some cheese and a glass of milk.later a small cup of expresso [coffee]and my ciggarets .pain meds after...never on an empty stomach.

Comment

[quote=GoBig]
                Coffee Black, and a nature valley granola bar.

I've never been a big breakfast eater but I find myself eating this very same meal
                3-4 times a week.
                Three cups of coffee and one granola bar fills me up until lunch which is my biggest meal of the day.

J.

Comment

This morning just a pot of green Puerh tea.
                  "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
                  J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

I had shredded wheat n bran cereal (dry, no milk) its what I eat every day, except when my brother drops by and cooks a huge breakfast then I'll eat it later in the day just so I can get the fiber.
                    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

I find if I eat cold food or anything "sloshy" in the morning I get nauseaus later during my workout. (cereal, yogurt etc)
                      I usually eat leftovers in the morning - something hot and solid in my stomach (leftover pasta is my favorite) and then eat lighter, breakfasty foods for lunch.
                      C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

Everyday my bowl of fruit, yoghurt , granola, wheatgerm. Decaf Green tea.

Comment

Morning

Coffee Black, & granola bar.
                          Feelin good is good enough!

Comment

Lucky Charms

Comment

Black coffee, with nuked pizza from last night. Black coffee. Wwish there was a way to get egg shells out of the egg bowel, than with my fingers.

Comment

coffee n 4 camels

Comment

Working...
                                X