Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find "real" cranberry juice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I find "real" cranberry juice?

Everything I buy is mixed with apple juice or grape juice, to add sugars I'm guessing. Is it possible to get pure cranberry juice? Does it even exist? Or is it so sour nobody would actually drink it?

Originally posted by Zero
    Everything I buy is mixed with apple juice or grape juice, to add sugars I'm guessing. Is it possible to get pure cranberry juice? Does it even exist? Or is it so sour nobody would actually drink it?
    It exists, isn't too sour, is actually quite delicious. I find it in the juice aisle. If your grocer doesn't carry it, ask the manager to offer it. Some grocers will stock what they know a regular customer will purchase to keep you from going elsewhere.

Comment

you can find the real stuff at Whole Foods. It's not cheep, but it's 100%. oh yeah it is some strong stuff. Have you tried mangosteen or pomegranate?

Comment

Originally posted by s2sgacia
        you can find the real stuff at Whole Foods. It's not cheep, but it's 100%. oh yeah it is some strong stuff. Have you tried mangosteen or pomegranate?
        I have not, are these as effective as cranberry juice?

Also, I have heard of people taking cranberry pills. Although I hate adding yet another pill bottle to my already bulging pill case, I wonder if that would be easier that keeping juice on hand.

Comment

I have not, are these as effective as cranberry juice?

Also, I have heard of people taking cranberry pills. Although I hate adding yet another pill bottle to my already bulging pill case, I wonder if that would be easier that keeping juice on hand.
          I found pure juice at my local health food store. It was too bitter, so I switched to capsules and they are easier and they seem to do the job as far as kidney/bladder cleansing goes.

Comment

I've been buying "Knudsen" brand juice, a google search will give you several choices of where to purchase, It may seem pricey at first but when mixed w/ water it goes a long way. I just mix it in water, it's tart but good, IMO.
            Here's one source:

http://www.wellnessgrocer.com/knudse...ry-p-2722.html

Some interesting info on cranberries:
            http://www.ffnmag.com/ASP/articleDis...te&Screen=HOME

Comment

If you have a juicer you can make it yourself.
              1lb. berries fresh or frozen if fresh isn't available.
              5 cps. water
              1 peeled orange

It is tart so you could add a packet of splendid.

I made this for nine years for my paralyzed dachshund.
              Added some meat stock left after cooking their food then mixed it 3 to 1 with his drinking water.

His first year before this he had two uti's.
              After using this juice we didn't have another one for the rest of his life.

It's not a sure thing though. Some dogs still get uti's, stones, the works. We have discovered though the dogs that drink the most water overall are the ones this juice protects.
              Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Wal-Mart sells 100% cranberry juice, no sugar added, under their brand name Sam's Choice. Cheaper than Ocean Spray. I don't find it at all bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by rebajane
                  Wal-Mart sells 100% cranberry juice, no sugar added, under their brand name Sam's Choice. Cheaper than Ocean Spray. I don't find it at all bitter.
                  Did you check the fine print? The brand I was getting said "100% Juice, Cranberry" but when I read the fine print it was grape juice with cranberry juice added from concentrate, technically 100% juice I guess. Maybe that's okay, but it doesn't even indicate what percentage of each is included. I think I'm going to switch to the pills. Less sugar that way.

Comment

I like cranberry juice anyway, so I tend to drink it as a beverage a lot, figure why not, but as I understand it yo need a LOT of juice to get any real effect, so I go with the cranberry tablets. There is a cranberry extract as well I believe, but I haven't tried it.
                    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

in chicago i never had any problems to buy 100%juice [jewl,wallmart ,dominicks etc.]here in romania is hard to find 100%.i use pills.

Comment

Cranberry Juice is yummy...

Ocean Spay brand cranberry juice is the best and comes from Massachusetts, where the best cranberries are grown. I was surprised to find out though that Massachusetts is second in cranberry production to Wisconsin! That's in your area, but don't know what brand uses the Wisconsin berry.
                        Bartski,
                        San Francisco
                        (Somebody wake me up!)

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
                        Dante

Comment

I thought I saw something on the news not long ago saying that Cranberry juice had no proven benefits to the urinary tract other than the fact that it's a fluid..and the more fluids, the better.

Also, cranberry juice is fairly high calorie if I do recall correctly. I just drink tons of water. Intermittent cath, re-use at home, throw away outside the home - UTI free for almost two years. Watch, I'll get one tomorrow now that I've posted this.
                          "Your love is just the antidote when nothing else will cure me" ~Sarah McLachlan

Comment

Deceptive labeling...

Did you check the fine print? The brand I was getting said "100% Juice, Cranberry" but when I read the fine print it was grape juice with cranberry juice added from concentrate, technically 100% juice I guess. Maybe that's okay, but it doesn't even indicate what percentage of each is included. I think I'm going to switch to the pills. Less sugar that way.
                            Very deceptive and most people would read "100% Cranberry Juice" and not "100% Juice, Cranberry" and not read further.

If it is sold by Wal-Mart, it is probably bottled in China by slave labor and may not include sugar, but just a tad of anti-freeze for sweetener.
                            Bartski,
                            San Francisco
                            (Somebody wake me up!)

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
                            Dante

Comment

In cranberry bogs.
                              "Music will always find its way to us, with or without business, politics, religion, or any other bullshit attached. Music survives everything, and like God it is always present. It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance. It has always found me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will." Eric Clapton

Comment

Working...
                              X