Favorite Summer Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh anything that was grown outside!

Anything that doesn't taste like cellulose fibre or paper!

Thanks Lynnifer for the spinch/tomato rescipe it is great!

William

... rolling since 1989

BE NICE!It's free

P.S. ~ I have "handicapabilities"

TWITTER: @MacBerry

Comment

A good ol' RI clam boil.
      "Music will always find its way to us, with or without business, politics, religion, or any other bullshit attached. Music survives everything, and like God it is always present. It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance. It has always found me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will." Eric Clapton

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
        Along these lines, does anyone else put salt and pepper on their watermelon? My wife swears by it but I think it's icky. Just wondering if others are into this or if it's just her.
        The fruits tastes best in their natural form but a little bit of salt, pepper or lime is sometimes good for a change and I'm in for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark07
          The fruits tastes best in their natural form but a little bit of salt, pepper or lime is sometimes good for a change and I'm in for it.
          Ah ha! My wife is a unique individual to say the least, but I knew there must be others that put salt on watermelon.

Comment

lol
            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad

Comment

Corn on the cobb, Green beans with some new potato's cucumber's & onions in Vinegar

Comment

Originally posted by 6string
                A good ol' RI clam boil.

Recipe please!!!!!

Comment

Ah ha! My wife is a unique individual to say the least, but I knew there must be others that put salt on watermelon.
                  In Thailand a bit of salt is added to all fruit juices & are
                  I eat Granny Smith apples & pommello with a bit of salt.

Comment

Rosemary Lemon Chicken

I've made it twice and loved it. David didn't try it the first time, and disliked it the second. He said all he could taste was the acid in the lemon (umm such as the title, doh! I think he's on the coffee, cigarettes and chocolate diet which would explain his irritability as of late). Be sure to 'bump' the rosemary with the back of your knife to release its fragrance.

4 boneless chicken breasts - salt & peppered (fresh ground adds a kick)
                    1 lemon - juiced then quartered
                    4 springs fresh rosemary (recipe says or thyme but I only used rosemary)
                    3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thinly (I only used 2 huge ones)
                    2 tbsp olive oil
                    4 - 6 shakes of Tabasco sauce - I was very liberal with it

Put the salt and peppered chicken into a resealable bag, along with the other ingredients and toss. Let marinate for 2 - 4 hours (I let it go overnight). Remove from the marinade and grill.

I thought it was awesome. Taken from the Surreal Gourmet on tv.
                    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by MioaraD
                      In Thailand a bit of salt is added to all fruit juices & are
                      I eat Granny Smith apples & pommello with a bit of salt.
                      Can't get Fujis, huh?
                      Last edited by Juke_spin; 10 Jul 2007, 10:30 AM.
                      "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
                      J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Most everyone I grew up around did it, I still do. Cantaloupe, too. Maybe it's a regional thing.

Comment

Sweet Corn on the Cob, yum yum!!
                          T8/9 (2-24-06)
                          IOWA

Comment

My sister and I had a favorite food that we'd make for days on the lake. Flour tortillas spread with cream cheese and filled with sliced ham--then rolled like little taquitos. I made some the other day and mmm, they're still yummy.

And we always put salt on our watermelons and cantaloupe too. My favorite with salt though are fresh cut cucumbers.
                            If there is light
                            it will find
                            you

--Charles Bukowski

Comment

cucumbers and salt is good and i love salt on my food and i know that too much is not good but i can't help it LOL. Never tried salt on watermelons and not sure if i would try that.
                              "The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."
                              Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

steamed chesapeake bay blue crabs, although I can't pick em anymore with my quad hands I sure do miss eatin em.

"But he was pierced for our transgressions,he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed" Isa 53:5

Comment

Working...
                                X