No announcement yet.

Improving your health through nutrition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn’t read the links but the OP is dead on about the damage of Candida. Aside from accident and injury, the three most defining medical events of my life are repeated antibiotics at age 10, swine flu vaccine at age 12, and an oral antifungal at age 35. A tetanus vaccine at 30 may also have hurt me. If a number of the symptoms or problems for you, you might really find it worth looking into. William Crook is one source. It might be Crooke.

Steroid use is another cause.

Comment

Good Morning
      No one is know it all's ok or Expert 100% ? and there is experts all over the internet

I respect SCI-Nurses reasonings / ideals

Has anyone thought of sending helpful advice to those financially strapped like myself and my friend's here who live on a shoestring budget ? but sales pitches are not a go go

We do what we can with what we got

I wasnt born with a golden or silver spoon in my mouth
      Last edited by GL; 02-13-2011, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
        I have a small income. there is very little left after bills. im not eligible for food stamps. I have a poor apatite. Im currently discovering that rickets is very painful.
        although we cant accept the spam, I think nutrition is something that could be addressed more in the care forum.
        Get into the sunshine whenever you can. Eggs and vitamin D fortified milk should help, unless you have an absorption problem causing rickets.

Have you tried food banks? Take proof of your income, all expenses, including medical, and go. If you are told you are ineligible for any reason, ask if it's possible to exchange your volunteer work at the food bank for food.

If there are community gardens, take part. Many community gardens offer raised beds for seniors and/or individuals with disabilities.

Any chance you can exchange your tie dye with a farmer or gardener for food?

Comment

Originally posted by LaMemChose View Post
          Get into the sunshine whenever you can. Eggs and vitamin D fortified milk should help, unless you have an absorption problem causing rickets.

Have you tried food banks? Take proof of your income, all expenses, including medical, and go. If you are told you are ineligible for any reason, ask if it's possible to exchange your volunteer work at the food bank for food.

If there are community gardens, take part. Many community gardens offer raised beds for seniors and/or individuals with disabilities.

Any chance you can exchange your tie dye with a farmer or gardener for food?

I just want to voice how impressed and moved I am with your thoughtful and helpful response..LaMem....if I ever found myself in that position I would hope I would be fortunate to have this type of wisdom to help me.
          "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

I heartily second sherocks’ wonderfully put sentiment. MEM, your coming through with such wisdom takes the edge off my despair at having none to offer Jody myself.

Comment

Working...
            X