sea food[shrimp]allergy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sea food[shrimp]allergy

i love sea food,i ate sea food every week.2 month ago i ate shrimp and i got some red spots on my face.i never had this problem before.
    could be an allergy or the shrimp was not fresh?
    i am afraid to eat shrimp now,but i miss the flavor.
    any advice?

You can definately develop a seafood allergy as you get older. If the shrimp had gone "bad" you would more likely have had problems with throwning up than with a rash. I would recommend avoiding shrimp, and being very cautions with other shellfish (crab, lobster, crayfish, etc.) as well. You can see a physician for allergy testing to see which of these would still be considered safe.

My sister developed an allergy to lobster AFTER moving to Maine in her mid-40s. She cannot eat lobster at all, but still is fine with shrimp and crab. Everyone is individual in this.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

thank you kld.

Comment

Working...
      X