Kitchen and Microwave Myths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wise Young
    Daisy, how about biscuits in bed? I think my wife would definitely think that something is wrong. Wise.
    She would probably ask where her real husband is and want to know who the imposter is???? LOL
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Jadis
      LOL I guess it depends on the person. I barely wear the ones I have.

I did get a banana split this evening, now ... about that massage....
      You are right....LOL I guess if I had a set of my own I might prefer that banana split and massage too

A banana split sounds really good but it is only 12:43 AM here.....I think Dairy Queen closed at 9 LOL.........

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

True. It's my birthstone, so I have them. (Should clarify a pr of earrings and 2 wedding sets.) I'm afraid to wear mine bc I'm notoriously hard on jewelry. I remember being on the floor/ground trying to find a diamond that got knocked out of my mom's engagement ring. One time, she didn't find it. I don't want to be in that situation. My handrims tend to tear up my rings and vice versa, so I rarely wear them. I try not to wear them at work anyway. Not supposed to wear rings as a clinical person. Besides, pear-shaped diamonds are hard on rubber gloves.

We are two hrs behind you here. I think they close at 11 on Saturday. For a week or so anyway.

I think it's interesting that a lot of the things I was taught growing up are all considered myths -- add to the aluminum one: don't cook in aluminum and don't drink from aluminum cans.
        Last edited by Jadis; 17 Sep 2006, 2:31 PM.
        http://official-linerider.com/index.html

Comment

i don't give a hoot for diamonds!

give me a man who cooks and gives massages any day! and, at least, pretends to listen when i talk lit, music and airplanes! and likes the theatre and concerts. oh...and good restaurants!

oh my....no wonder i'm a single mom

wise, you and your wife are very lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by cass
            i don't give a hoot for diamonds!

give me a man who cooks and gives massages any day! and, at least, pretends to listen when i talk lit, music and airplanes! and likes the theatre and concerts. oh...and good restaurants!

oh my....no wonder i'm a single mom

wise, you and your wife are very lucky.

hmm, cooking, massage, occasional good restaurant, listening to you talk about literature, music, and airplanes. Can do.

Wise.

Comment

I havent heard the Aluminum myth but have heard quite alot about teflon coatings these days. What surprises me is they continue to sell them......

Comment

Here is a really interesting video showing what happens when you put a cut (single) grape into a microwave. Very surprising.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/280847..._grape_plasma/

Comment

Uisng zip lock plastic bags to microwave food? safe or not

One of my friends who has a degree in home economics does this all the

time. She cooks potatoes in regular zip lock plastic bags for sometimes

up to 10 min. I was wondering is this safe?

Comment

Using zip lock plastic bags to microwave food? safe or not

One of my friends who has a degree in home economics does this all the

time. She microwaves potatoes in a regular ziplock bag for as long as 10

min. I was wondering if this is safe?

Comment

it's been my experience that women professing the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, are not good at oral sex...

I frequently use my pressure cooker to tenderize stew meat for use in my tacos. I brown ground beef then add the already pressure cooked stew meat to the ground beef. With all the seasonings the stew meat/ground beef combo gives a delish taste and texture.

The only thing I use a microwave for is reheating something and even then it's a very rare occasion.

I like to use my crockpot, but haven't been able to make anything really outstanding in it. Everything seems to turn out just OK. It's a shame cause it's a convenient way to prepare a meal.

Anyone have a recipe for PF Chang's chicken lettuce wrap?...
                      "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by stlyin moe

Anyone have a recipe for PF Chang's chicken lettuce wrap?...
                        http://www.recipezaar.com/15865

Googled this.
                        Blog:
                        Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by betheny
                          Thanks, I also did a google search and found several options, but I was hoping to stumble upon the real PF Chang's recipe. Little hope of that I'm sure...
                          "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                          X