Favourite Sweets (Candy)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keps View Post
    Waxy? Oh, maybe. Dark Dove? I've never seen any dark Galaxy, but I want some.
    I like the dark the best .... but my kids like the milk chocolate, and the caramel filled.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

mmm. its candy corn season.
      An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by sjean423 View Post
        I like the dark the best .... but my kids like the milk chocolate, and the caramel filled.

I like the caramel, but prefer the milk. But it's all delicious. I'd probably like the dark, but I always tend to prefer milk chcolate.

So, Wrigley's Double Mint chewing gum. I had a packet of this from America. I don't usually chew gum, and I really shouldn't too, with my teeth. But this gum was fab. Extremely minty, with these nice minty bits. The flavour lasted a long time.
        After this, I got some Double Mint myself. And OMG, what's up with the DM we get here?! It's WEAK in comparison. And also, it has none of the bits. And, the weak flavour hardly lasted.

Originally posted by feisty View Post

What's candy corn?

Comment

Candy corn is the candy equivalent of crack cocaine!
          It's a Halloween tradition here in the states.
          The best is the mix - candy corn along with little pumpkins and cornstalks...
          pure sugar - a dentist's dream

Comment

my homemade pralines or fudge or tigerbutter<taste like a reese peanut>

but ..... oh the carolines

Comment

Keps, this is what candy corn looks like:

(KLD)
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

It it kind of the consistency of very firm frosting. Very sugary. I am not much for non-chocolate candy, but I like it. Maybe more so b/c it is seasonal?
                T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Basically I love anything chocolate it doesn't matter if its dark or milk chocolate as long as its good chocolate. When my uncle was alive he use to send us chocolate care packages from Germany oh it was so good. As for non chocolate items I do like skittles and starburst.

For halloween I buy a small amount of candy I like but mostly buy stuff I don't really like that way I know there will be some left to hand out to the tricker treaters.
                  A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

Comment

Another fun think about candy corn, you can push them up into your teeth to look like fangs! I don't much care for them though, like sjean says they're really just chunks of dried out frosting with a thin wax coat. The candy "pumpkins" are made of the same stuff.

http://images.google.com/images?q=candy%20corn%20fangs

Comment

Darrell Lea Dark chocolate covered strawberry liquorice..mmmmm.. I'm wired. They also have white chocolate coated raspberry that I'm patiently waiting to show up here. It's imported from our Aussie friends...mmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by feisty View Post
                        OMG ... I need a candy corn fix ...

Comment

Attention Keps!

Speaking of candied corn products, a friend from Japan not so long ago sent me a box of Sweet Corn Chocoball.

Chocoball is very similar to Pocky. In consists of a cookie-like centre (close to a malt ball but firmer) and is covered in chocolate--the chocolate coming in a wide varierty of flavours. Some of them quite bizarre but surprisingly good tasting. Like sweet corn.

Comment

I've heard there's a myth about candy corn that is similar to the one about fruit cakes.

There is a fixed supply - no one ever eats them, they just get recycled each year.

But it can't be true because I'm eating some candy corn right now and I do eat fruitcake as well.

I'm eating the kind of candy corn that combines brown, orange, yellow and white coloring.
                            I fnd it hard to get the bags with the pumpkins, etc.

Oh well, a little coffe with the corn and I shouldn't need any sleep until tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post

(KLD)
                              Yes,so good but I have to limit my sweets now! Mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by garvey View Post
                                Candy corn is the candy equivalent of crack cocaine!
                                It's a Halloween tradition here in the states.
                                The best is the mix - candy corn along with little pumpkins and cornstalks...
                                pure sugar - a dentist's dream
                                Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post

(KLD)
                                Originally posted by sjean423 View Post
                                It it kind of the consistency of very firm frosting. Very sugary. I am not much for non-chocolate candy, but I like it. Maybe more so b/c it is seasonal?
                                Originally posted by Zero View Post
                                Another fun think about candy corn, you can push them up into your teeth to look like fangs! I don't much care for them though, like sjean says they're really just chunks of dried out frosting with a thin wax coat. The candy "pumpkins" are made of the same stuff.

http://images.google.com/images?q=candy%20corn%20fangs

Thank you for educating me, you lot! And for the picture, KLD.
                                Hmm, candy corn sounds quite nice. I love sweets, as well as chocolate. The picture reminds me of Pick 'n' Mix type sweets. I am a big fan of Pick 'n' Mix, lol.

Lol Zero, I can't believe you Googled "candy corn fangs". Heh.

Comment

Working...
                                X