No announcement yet.

Favourite Sweets (Candy)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Swedish ex-sis-in-law ate that salty licorice. It was ATROCIOUS! It was like coated in ammonia, not salt! Must be an acquired taste, like pickled herring. I love that Shannon sent keps a package. Sometimes CC members are so, well, SWEET!
    Blog:
    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

sour patch kids

Comment

Laffy Taffy, Skittles, and Strawberry Nerds - only strawberry though!

Comment

Thanks to Keppers, I've gone full on Pocky. I love the things.

I had expected Pocky to be a cookie dipped in chocolate or strawberry. Wrongo. These are the thinnest, crispiest, long fingers of pretzel ever made dipped in just the right amount of chocolate. I'm a convert to the Japanese sweets.

Now if only Pocky had zero calories ....

Comment

Salty liquorice and the one tasting ammonia is two different kind of liquorice. I like both. I did not know before I started to write here that that kind of liquorice is not common all over the world.

But when I was i Thailand they were eating frittered bugs as snacks so we eat different all over the world. The grasshopper tasted very good and the ants.
            TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Originally posted by LaMemChose
              Thanks to Keppers, I've gone full on Pocky. I love the things.

I had expected Pocky to be a cookie dipped in chocolate or strawberry. Wrongo. These are the thinnest, crispiest, long fingers of pretzel ever made dipped in just the right amount of chocolate. I'm a convert to the Japanese sweets.

Now if only Pocky had zero calories ....
              They've been working on that version for a while and have come up with some interesting approximations; all having just about zero taste.
              "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
              J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Originally posted by Juke_spin
                They've been working on that version for a while and have come up with some interesting approximations; all having just about zero taste.
                I'll have the real Pocky as I love the mix of salty, sweet, crispy and smooth. It's designed to be a treat so I'll stick to indulging only occasionally.

Yeah, the reduced cal versions of food just aren't the same. I'm not a fan of eating cardboard.

Comment

Originally posted by LaMemChose
                  I'll have the real Pocky as I love the mix of salty, sweet, crispy and smooth. It's designed to be a treat so I'll stick to indulging only occasionally.

Yeah, the reduced cal versions of food just aren't the same. I'm not a fan of eating cardboard.
                  From one of my fav stand-up comedy routines by a guy with a very dry delivery style and tone: "Have you ever tried rice cakes? They're pretty good when you put enough icing on them."
                  "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
                  J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

three musketters

Comment

creme brulee....

Comment

Adi's talking my language here. Better yet, tiramisu!
                        Blog:

Comment

But both takes a long time to make...
                          TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Originally posted by betheny
                            Better yet, tiramisu!
                            Made with so much brandy it's a fire hazard!

Comment

Originally posted by betheny
                              Adi's talking my language here. Better yet, tiramisu!
                              I say we take the creme brulee, tiramisu and how bout I make a pound cake. Ya'll invited to my place. We can all go hang out with a big pot of joe or proper cuppa tea and have a gab session. Thats only if those from the UK bring the cream for the coffee.

I have a bad sweet tooth, it will be the death of me. My favorite is almond butter toffee which I make at the holidays or on special occasions like birthdays. But I will usually go for a cadbury if I need a chocolate fix, love the gummie dudes too. Anything ickie, stickie, gooie, chewie is a yummie ummie to me. I am a candy ho.

LOL,
                              Leia

Comment

That would be soooo awesome... Tea w/ real cream, or coffee w/ Bailey's? I'll have both, I guess!
                                Blog:

Comment

Working...
                                X