No announcement yet.

Favourite Sweets (Candy)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody has ever dared to give me a presant before Christmas Eve, they know I can't keep my hands off.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Originally posted by betheny View Post
      When keps sent me a package I kept it unopened for like a week, b/c looking at the box made me so happy! Then I opened it and it was even better.

Karen, what are those cookies called again? I forgot already.

Last night, I found Pocky at Walmart. That stuff is GOOD!
      They are HobNobs!. We just call them biscuits.

Pocky! Another convert - yay! Ooh, if you see Men's Pocky, definitely try them. Just gorgeous, if a little sexist, lol.

Comment

So pocky looks like a cookie stick covered with different flavored candy?

It makes me think of chocolate covered pretzels. My son;s girlfriend made some this weekend similar to these. The mix of salt and chocolate is just right.
        T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Yes, sjean, that about describes Pocky.
          Ew, salt and chocolate doesn't sound like a nice combination to me.

Well, I have tried some candy corn, thanks to the extreme kindness of Shannon, who sent a HUGE box of goodies for me to enjoy.
          I was so thrilled to have this huge pile of new treats to try. Thank you again Shannon, if you are reading this!

I just bit into a piece of candy corn. First thought was - ok, very sweet, but not hideous. So I ate two more pieces, and thought, ok, maybe I feel a bit sick now. Then a few minutes after that, I had a dreadful aftertaste, that was really yucky. So, it turns out I'm not a candy corn fan, after all.
          But I am happy I got to try it.

Actual candy corn (on top of my dryer) -

Comment

We are eating chocolates and salty peanuts together, I like it.
            TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

The tropical Starbursts are pretty good.
              gourmet jelly beans
              Chocolate Covered Blueberries
              Those old school Neopolitan's (Pink white and browns?)
              Salt Water Taffy
              bridge mix

real maple sugar candy (aunt bernice always made it with left over sap after all the syrup bottles were filled..we actually tapped the trees in the woods and collected the sap, then boiled it down in a 55 gal drum over a wood fire)

grandma's peanut brittle and fudge by the pound

and grandma's dinner mints that we'd sneak out of the ??old cut glass candy bowl, that at her house was always magically full dammit i miss her

Comment

Originally posted by keps View Post
                Thank you again Shannon, if you are reading this!

I just bit into a piece of candy corn. First thought was - ok, very sweet, but not hideous. So I ate two more pieces, and thought, ok, maybe I feel a bit sick now. Then a few minutes after that, I had a dreadful aftertaste, that was really yucky. So, it turns out I'm not a candy corn fan, after all.
                But I am happy I got to try it.
                You are very welcome! It was very fun for me to get it together and send it!

I only sent a little Candy Corn because I didn't think you'd like it! Perhaps your boyfriend likes them?

What I really want to know is, have you tried the Pop Rocks yet?

Comment

Oh Pop rocks!!! I should have sent those to Bente. Did your package come yet??
                  If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

Originally posted by woman from Europe View Post
                    We are eating chocolates and salty peanuts together, I like it.
                    Oh, we do have chocolate/peanut stuff here, but it doesn't seem as popular as elsewhere.

Originally posted by Shannon View Post
                    You are very welcome! It was very fun for me to get it together and send it!

I only sent a little Candy Corn because I didn't think you'd like it! Perhaps your boyfriend likes them?

What I really want to know is, have you tried the Pop Rocks yet?
                    Thank you.

Well my bf hasn't tried any candy corn - can you believe he isn't interested in sweets? (!) He likes chocolate every now and then, and that's it. Sad for him, yet great for greedy me.
                    I won't be letting him near any of the chocolate you sent - not that he's bothered. He's got a nut allergy.

I tried the Pop Rocks earlier this evening. Very tasty - and loud! My Minnie's face was a picture as she wondered what the heck was happening in my mouth.
                    Ooh, and I like how when you crunch it in your teeth, it gets even louder.

Comment

Originally posted by addiesue View Post
                      Oh Pop rocks!!! I should have sent those to Bente. Did your package come yet??

Not yet, I am waiting How did you like the chocolate? Be honest, please
                      TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Well it's gone. So what does that tell you?! I liked it a lot. It seemed more creamy than our chocolate. I love the gummy people. Way better than our gummies which I can not stand. I tried one salty fish and I couldn't deal with it. YUCK!

I noticed the chocolate was made by KRAFT which I thought was an American company. I thought that was interesting.
                        If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

Yes, Kraft bought that company, Freia, some years ago. Maybe for the good chocolate The last part of the factory was taken down some weeks ago. It was close to my house and we could smell the days they made chocolate. They had a famous garden outside and Edvard Munch painings in the dining hall.
                          TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

I kinda like Jordan Almonds.
                            "Life is about how you
                            respond to not only the
                            challenges you're dealt but
                            the challenges you seek...If
                            you have no goals, no
                            mountains to climb, your
                            soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
                              I kinda like Jordan Almonds.
                              Is that chocolate covered almonds?

Uh, today is bad for sweets. I ate a tasty NutRageous bar Shannon sent me.
                              (I love that name, btw, "NutRageous", lol!), and a chunk of my bad tooth came off. I thought I had a hard piece of peanut in my mouth - now I know it was tooth.
                              I think yesterday eating this apple/candy chewy lolly was the set-up for the tooth breaking. The lolly was so gorgeous, but extremely hard to chew.
                              I'm holding Shannon personally responsible for my latest dental catastrophe.

Comment

Uh oh.

You know lollies are supposed to be sucked, not chewed?

I shall not be held responsible!

Comment

Working...
                                X