No announcement yet.

Favourite Sweets (Candy)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monkeygirl - ew, liquorice and strawberry sounds a bit...weird. Granted, not "salt 'n' liquorice weird". But still weird.

Originally posted by orangejello View Post
    Speaking of candied corn products, a friend from Japan not so long ago sent me a box of Sweet Corn Chocoball.

Chocoball is very similar to Pocky. In consists of a cookie-like centre (close to a malt ball but firmer) and is covered in chocolate--the chocolate coming in a wide varierty of flavours. Some of them quite bizarre but surprisingly good tasting. Like sweet corn.
    Ha, you certainly know how to get my attention, OJ!
    I haven't heard of Sweet Corn Chocoball before. But I see the name Morinaga on the box, so I can believe these are really tasty.
    Hmm, when you mention bizarre flavours, I'm guessing one of them isn't fish.
    While we're talking (again! lol) of Japanese sweets -
    Mitsuya Cider Candy - these were divine. All distinct and strong flavours, but all had a wonderful fizziness, too. Except I had to throw the peach-flavoured ones away. I did try one, but pulled a face.

Calpis Assorted Candy - excellent. I would like to try Calpis drinks.

Lotte Pie No Mi - the box was so kawaii, and the packaging inside was really nicely decorated. But unfortunately, the "pai" itself wasn't that nice. It was rather like custard cream biscuits.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks Candy corn is disgusting???

And annoying to get a handful of candy corn tossed in the bag by some cheap bastard who didn't go buy some real halloween candy, like mini snickers! *

From what I remember, they tasted like chewing on tasteless sugared wax blech.
      Chewing on those wax liquid sticks were funner!

*but, having only gone trick or treating only a couple of times as a kid, maybe I didn't go enough to appreciate the joys of disgusting cheap candy?? A friend of mine calls me Unamerican for hating candy corn.
      Last edited by chick; 26 Oct 2008, 2:33 PM.

Comment

I haven't had candy corn in years because like chick thought it was disquisting but now starting to wonder if it taste better since so many seem to like it.
        A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

Comment

I love milk chocolate and sometimes with nuts inside
          TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Candy Corn is disgusting.

Karen, if my daughter gets any when she is Trick or Treating, I'll send it to you (among other treats). She always gets way more than she can eat and it just gets thrown away. Plus there is always stuff she doesn't like, such as Candy Corn! Expect a package with a huge variety of candy sometime in the next couple of weeks my friend.

Comment

I guess I have to agree with some here and say anything chocolate!!!
              Mom to Heather, age 16, T-12, 8 years post & Michael, age 19.

Comment

Some of our dentists will buy the candy from the kids. Anyone else have a dentist that does that?
                If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

Originally posted by addiesue View Post
                  Some of our dentists will buy the candy from the kids. Anyone else have a dentist that does that?
                  Don't know about the dentist, but I'll buy candy from the kids! Discount nom!

Comment

I never heard of that (although what a great idea!). But I can remember the dentist in the small town I grew up in used to give out tooth brushes and a travel size tube of tooth paste each Halloween (still does, in fact). For that reason, trick or teating at his house was as popular as the couple of homes who gave out tiny boxes of raisins as their treat

My mom is kind of a party pooper too in that she refuses to give out candy. She used to, but for the past 10 years or show she gives away halloween themed pencils. Since my parents lives in a very rural area, the few neighbour kids who do come by usually end up with 10 different pencils each because she buys like 200. My nephews seem to really like them, but if I was a kid I might feel a little ripped off by a pencil instead of candy. Even if I got a bunch of pencils lol.

If I was a parent though, I think I would like people giving stuff like toothbrushes and pencils instead of candy...and someone willing to buy their candy. I can also remember one lady in my hometown who handed out a quarter taped inside an envelope as her treats each year.
                    Last edited by orangejello; 28 Oct 2008, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I never heard of that. However, when I was a kid, my dentist gave me candy after I visited. You know how lots of dentists will have a treasure box full of crappy cheap plastic toys to give the kids after an appointment? My dentist's treasure box was full of candy. I guess he wanted to make sure we'd be coming back for fillings!

Comment

I love all candys!!that's my problem))especially chocolate)

Comment

I'm a party pooper too and didn't get my nephews candy. I got them puzzles instead, Diego for the little man and a more advanced Pokemon one for the 8 year old. They were going to get caramel apples too, but I got impatient and left.
                          Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Even better I just found out the candy they buy back gets sent to sodiers overseas.
                            Here is a link for anyone interested.

www.halloweencandybuyback.com
                            If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Comment

I maked fudge last night. Mmmmmmmmm.

And I can't make a trip to the grocery store without getting some gummi bears.... its hard to believe that I weight something under 125 now....

Comment

Woman from Europe I got my package today!!! I haven't tried anything yet. I am waiting until my kids get home from school to give them the ammonia candy or whatever it is. I'll report on their reaction later.

That seems like extremely fast shipping all the way from Norway. It only took a few days. Thank you!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X